Scottish Junior Cup

Half time and story of two crossbars.

East Craigie hit bar and followed up to score

Rutherglen hit bar and followed up with a foul on goalie!

Not much between the sides, but East Craigie have looked slightly more inventive going forward!

Onto the 2nd half...

1023 isn't really great for a Scottish cup semi final,  wasn't too long ago that Scottish semi finals were attracting between 4000 and 6000 at senior grounds on Friday nights . 

So yes despite 1023 being healthy in modern day standards it doesn't mean it's the cup that it once was and it's far from it  .

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

1023 isn't really great for a Scottish cup semi final,  wasn't too long ago that Scottish semi finals were attracting between 4000 and 6000 at senior grounds on Friday nights . 

So yes despite 1023 being healthy in modern day standards it doesn't mean it's the cup that it once was and it's far from it  .

Wasn’t that long ago Peterhead got 8,500 for a midweek Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers. As a Highland League team.

There is only so often one can be contrarian before I desire traffordab to come back to Pie and Bovril…

(Not really, I stress.)

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

35 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This competition can still draw a crowd in a way that the SCC quite simply doesn't:

Not bad given East Craigie are involved.

What an stupid, idiotic thing to say
Most people are realizing were are all in a better place now, just people with no vision or future want to go back to the old ways

Why you trying to compare the two cup competition, two totally different competitions as the junior cup is easier to win.

Good luck to both teams and I'll stick by my choice of East Craigie as I've watched both this season

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

What an stupid, idiotic thing to say
Most people are realizing were are all in a better place now, just people with no vision or future want to go back to the old ways

Why you trying to compare the two cup competition, two totally different competitions as the junior cup is easier to win.

Good luck to both teams and I'll stick by my choice of East Craigie as I've watched both this season

No idea what your problem is and I'm not losing any sleep over it, but this is not the first time you have bizarrely flown off the handle like this. An important adage to bear in mind is that you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. The SJC still has drawing power so it would be an act of wanton vandalism to discard it just because something something junior dinosaurs something something devil's incandescence something something senior pyramid.