Queen’s Park vs Raith, 17/2/2023

Two really poor teams, I think. We were probably just about the better side but that's not a good result. Disappointing that nobody was there to follow up in the penalty save.

Savoury and Thomas both struggled, even though I think Shields did really well. There was something about us that was just really sluggish tonight.

At least Dundee lost!

Was a very bitty game with not a lot of fluency. Lang will feel he should have done better with their goal, while losing a penalty will always feel a bit arbitrary.

Generally the game followed a trend where Raith were generally a bit better at controlling the game, and QP fairly lethal on the break.

Will never get tired of watching the nearly 200 QP fans getting shipped too and from Stenny's ground. 

17 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Two really poor teams, I think. We were probably just about the better side but that's not a good result. Disappointing that nobody was there to follow up in the penalty save.

Savoury and Thomas both struggled, even though I think Shields did really well. There was something about us that was just really sluggish tonight.

At least Dundee lost!

Agree on us being extremely sluggish, and that is Savoury's poorest game in a QP shirt. Disagree on us being the better side, we created virtually nothing all game and if anyone deserved to win it was Raith 100%

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Felt we really should've won that. We had a couple of opportunities and MacDonald didn't have much to do. Queens did well to exploit our willingness to stand off. Both our forward additions put in good contributions. I'd be interested to see how Vaughan does paired with Isma. 

Akio and Isma won't be perfect but we look to have a clear upgrade on Connell and Frederiksen which can only help us. 

Dundee losing really helped tonight. Obviously frustrated we didn’t get 3 points but if thistle can get anything against Ayr, it’s been a decent enough set of results 

Obviously Dundee and Ayr have games in hand but I’d rather have the points on the board. Nobody is going to run away with the league 

Edited by qpfc

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Can only assume he must look rubbish in training or has a bad attitude, because Healy is nowhere near ready to play at this level.

What makes you say that? He played more than half an hour at Cappielow on Saturday in what was a very physical encounter, and by all accounts showed some good touches and caused Grimshaw some problems 

17 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

because Healy is nowhere near ready to play at this level.

Harsh I’d say. He’s looked really bright whenever I've seen him although he is incredibly lightweight so I wouldn’t start him at this stage. Definitely a player there as he did look decent against Morton 

WTF was that referee on tonight? Big long chats with everyone, even a ball boy.

Thought Raith were better in the first half but faded badly in the second. We just seemed to lack a cutting edge though. We might take time to bed in a new system post-Murray. Shields is a tidy player but I'd like to see someone up with him.

Looked a foul but I'll be interested to see if that was in the box. Shame for Ferrie that his penalty save was for nothing. That would certainly have made up for last week.

The Dismal Dees losing was good; all we need is for Ayr to stumble tomorrow.

Still top. Gorgeous.

Thought if anyone deserved to win it was us though a draw was a fair result. Really like the look of isma, not as convinced about Akio though you can't fault his work rate and he has some turn of pace. Lang was really poor tonight. Nolan I thought was motm.