Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I can probably guess but why are so many people using this straw man argument to defend her?

The issue is with what she thinks, if she didn’t think it she wouldn’t have had to say it.

Humza thinks it too

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Humza thinks it too

If he does, then him having the nous to also think ‘best not say that out loud, lest folks think it may color my governance’ means he’s light years ahead of Forbes as a politician. If someone must feel the need to tell me it was wrong for me to be born I’d rather hear it thru a megaphone on Buchanan Street than from the upper echelons of government, but maybe that’s just me. 

I am being asked to believe that Kate Forbes colleagues who withdrew their support didn't know her beliefs until a couple of days ago?

Did the people who allowed her stand for parliament to represent them not know her views?

Did the people who promoted her not know her views?

What a mess!

48 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

If your pal doesn't want people laughing at him he should stop posting drivel.  

MSPs withdrawing their support from someone who thinks gay people shouldn't be treated fairly is completely acceptable.

If you think that's a witch hunt then that rather speaks volumes about your character tbh. 

You don’t realise how deep ‘two cheeks’ actually runs until you’ve witnessed Sevconians rush to stick themselves on the same cross as Angela Haggerty 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You don’t realise how deep ‘two cheeks’ actually runs until you’ve witnessed Sevconians rush to stick themselves on the same cross as Angela Haggerty 

In fairness I'd expect a couple of Rangers fans to be absolute experts on bigotry. 

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

He's just explicitly stated on the Today program this morning that he believes in marriage equality and doesn't consider gay sex "a sin".

Yes but that doesn’t suit the pathetic “she was just being honest! Stop discriminating against her religion!” agenda.

35 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If he does, then him having the nous to also think ‘best not say that out loud, lest folks think it may color my governance’ means he’s light years ahead of Forbes as a politician. If someone must feel the need to tell me it was wrong for me to be born I’d rather hear it thru a megaphone on Buchanan Street than from the upper echelons of government, but maybe that’s just me. 

Andre The Giant No GIF

Edited by MazzyStar

34 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

In fairness I'd expect a couple of Rangers fans to be absolute experts on bigotry. 

You'll get no argument from me about the attitudes of some of the more unwelcome adherents of Rangers. Other clubs have their own eejits, but unfortunately ours appear to be proudly vocal. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Why would that lead to an election?

Well, it would lead to one if it means they (the Greens) will not supply the votes to pass the elected person as FM. My understanding is that Harvie has said they will jettison the current agreement between the two over ministerial posts if anyone other than Yousaf is elected. Whether they will then also refuse to provide votes to make the new SNP leader FM might be another matter but why would it be "ok" to vote for them to be FM but "not ok" to hold ministerial posts in their administration?

In that scenario, there's no FM.

If it turns out it is "ok" to vote for them to be FM, even though it's not "ok" to hold ministerial briefs in their Govt, then perhaps the SNP could govern as a minority but would they be able to actually do anything (given that rancour is at an all-time high, so it likely wouldn't work out like in the 2007-2011 period where they did this)?