Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Britain IS self-governing.  The spat is about it being partitioned.

“Britain” can’t complain about being partitioned as long as it’s a partitionist state.

D99C9EAB-E22F-45C8-A0A0-CADAE78446F7.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

1. The withdrawal of the £20-odd billion Barnett bonus.
2. The multi-billion cost of setting up a new state.

Those are just the immediate and tangible losses.

There's a reason why - for over 20 years - the Nats have failed to provide an economic case for iJock.  This is because it looks like shite and they prefer to kid you on.

FFS...

1. There is no 20-odd billion Barnett bonus. The Barnett formula provides return based on a population based share of the money Scots tax payers have already paid Westminster to invest on projects (unsurprisingly mainly in and around London and the South East).

We DO NOT receive back any of the associated multiplied effect economic (and therefore revenue) growth inspired by our share of that initial investment. That economic growth is often very much localised in the area the investment is made. Subsequent revenue raised is assigned to that particular region. As the term "multiplier" would suggest the revenue raised is often multiples of the initial spend.

We give a broker money to invest in a stock. The stock price rises (sometimes by multiples). The broker gives us back our initial investment and keeps the profit. The broker then claims we owe him money. 

Sorry to dent your Daily Express reader levels of comprehension with regards to the workings of the public economy.........but the rest of the UK...and very much so Scotland........are subsidising London and the South East.     

2. It might have been a while since you last visited, but Scotland is actually quite a developed nation now with much of the infrastructure and agency required by a sovereign state. Any initial costs will likely be massively dwarfed by future savings. 

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

How much of a tax increase would it take to persuade people to leave Scotland for England?

I am actually one of those people who pay more tax now and I also work in a team that’s based in England and Scotland so if I really wanted to I could relocate pretty easily. I can’t be arsed though. Seems like a bother. If I was going to relocate like that I’d move to the US or Canada where people doing jobs like mine tend to earn far larger salaries. Comparatively poor pay for professional jobs is a strange feature of the British economy that people don’t seem to cotton on to.

Ideally we just ask Roddy Dunlop how much it would take for him to leave then do that. 

7 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

FFS...

1. There is no 20-odd billion Barnett bonus. The Barnett formula provides return based on a population based share of the money Scots tax payers have already paid Westminster to invest on projects (unsurprisingly mainly in and around London and the South East).

We DO NOT receive back any of the associated multiplied effect economic (and therefore revenue) growth inspired by our share of that initial investment. That economic growth is often very much localised in the area the investment is made. Subsequent revenue raised is assigned to that particular region. As the term "multiplier" would suggest the revenue raised is often multiples of the initial spend.

We give a broker money to invest in a stock. The stock price rises (sometimes by multiples). The broker gives us back our initial investment and keeps the profit. The broker then claims we owe him money. 

Sorry to dent your Daily Express reader levels of comprehension with regards to the workings of the public economy.........but the rest of the UK...and very much so Scotland........are subsidising London and the South East.     

2. It might have been a while since you last visited, but Scotland is actually quite a developed nation now with much of the infrastructure and agency required by a sovereign state. Any initial costs will likely be massively dwarfed by future savings. 

All very good, but you realise you're trying to seriously debate with a bigoted troll, right? 

Just laugh at the utter nick, rip the pish and move on. 

Interesting to see how correct Campbell of WOS has been regarding the SNP.

He’s banged on for years about the missing £600k with forensic analysis of their Accounts, he’s questioned the number of party members and he’s been on relentlessly about the shenanigans within the Sturgeon cabal.

I know he’s a bit iffy but his journalism is spot on.

Just a pity the Scottish media has been asleep at the wheel.

9 minutes ago, Wingman said:

He’s banged on for years about the missing £600k with forensic analysis of their Accounts, he’s questioned the number of party members and he’s been on relentlessly about the shenanigans within the Sturgeon cabal.

Hiya Rev, hiya pal!

39 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

was listening to Radio Scotland there, someone for the Common Weal forgotten there name, quite damming on the SNP and its leadership and the lack of transparency 

It'll be Robin McAlpine. He fucking despises Sturgeon.

daily reminder that if someone looks like a Tory and quacks like a Tory...

Edited by renton

54 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Since the voting began there have been a few significant  developments occur that could have an impact on the outcome. How this contest continues as normal without intervention is bizarre 

Like what?

48 minutes ago, Wingman said:

He's not "iffy", he's a creepy wee homophobic, transphobic bigot whose weirdo opinions can be safely launched into the nearest bin.