Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The alternative is Blair#2 though. Sorry to be depressing..

That’s not fair. Blair had charisma and a personality (manufactured, admittedly). Starmer is a nothing focused only on getting the keys to Number 10 - not so he can do anything with them, but so he can claim a win for sensible right-wing politics: the kind your average Daily Mail reader will love.

23 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That wouldn’t depress me. At least New Labour had some ideas to peak my interest. It all turned to shite, but at least there was some hope and excitement at the start.

I think the last time I was excited about Scottish politics was the referendum. 

mods please 

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A terminally dull man who pretty much supports every nasty Tory policy is definitely the person to shake up UK politics.

When I tire of being served platefuls of shite, I definitely look forward to being served more shite - but spray-painted beige.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I hope this election is remembered for Angus Robertson being a shitebag.

I'm not so sure about this. Sturgeon's resignation blindsided everyone apart from those in her inner circle and possibly even some of them. Robertson was out the country at the time. By the time he's back Yousaf has announced with Lloyd, Murrell and so on in his corner as the continuity candidate. 

2 minutes ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

I'm not so sure about this. Sturgeon's resignation blindsided everyone apart from those in her inner circle and possibly even some of them. Robertson was out the country at the time. By the time he's back Yousaf has announced with Lloyd, Murrell and so on in his corner as the continuity candidate. 

And his first comment was a maybe snippy bit about having young children to look after.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I hope this election is remembered for Angus Robertson being a shitebag.

6 minutes ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

And that’s it in a nutshell. Salmond and media trained Sturgeon wiped the floor with everyone. No one else is close.

This current crop of candidates/shitebags* are going to be taking regular pastings from Dross, Sarwar and even Alex CH. Just let that sink in….

* delete as appropriate. 

Any shine Sturgeon had left will be worn off soon when everything unfolds.

Should we be unfortunate to have Yousaf as our FM, it'll harm him immensely.

Forbes is easily the most competent, but she won't keep those ex-Labour types who jumped ship after 2014.

The only positive the SNP can take from this debacle is that there's a chance the corrupt, bad actors could be completely rooted out. of the party  It's just a chance though, and a slim one at that.

Just now, MazzyStar said:

Interestingly a number of people seem to say this and then provide no evidence as to why it’s the case. 

By the same token @Savage Henry has insisted 1800 times that there's only one serious candidate and that it's not really a contest, equally with no evidence. 

I agree that Forbes has competency questions to answer, but Yousaf is to competent ministership what John Barnes was to football management. A veneer of beige liberal Twitter friendly takes does not actually make him competent leader for this country. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

By the same token @Savage Henry has insisted 1800 times that there's only one serious candidate and that it's not really a contest, equally with no evidence. 

I agree that Forbes has competency questions to answer, but Yousaf is to competent ministership what John Barnes was to football management. A veneer of beige liberal Twitter friendly takes does not actually make him competent leader for this country. 

8 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

How many scandals has she been involved in?

Yousless has been involved in at least three.

Yousaf being competent wasn’t the point I was trying to make in the post because he clearly isn't, but it’s hardly a ringing endorsement to say that she’s less incompetent than him, and there’s not much she’s done to prove any great level of competency so far. 

Edited by MazzyStar

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

Yousaf being competent wasn’t the point I was trying to make in the post because he clearly isn't, but it’s hardly a ringing endorsement to say that she’s less incompetent than him, and there’s not much she’s done to prove any great level of competency so far. 

Well, no, but it's a competition of relatives not absolutes

Humza: Driving without insurance while transport minister, falling off a scooter and having a tantrum about it, accusing nursery of racism and then shiteing it when owner turned out to be asian themselves

Bible Kate would have to declare bankrupty, be caught cheese-making on a sunday and then swear about it, and then accuse her hairdresser of being a godless heathen before discovering they were the archbishop of york to compete

10 minutes ago, orfc said:

Well, no, but it's a competition of relatives not absolutes

Humza: Driving without insurance while transport minister, falling off a scooter and having a tantrum about it, accusing nursery of racism and then shiteing it when owner turned out to be asian themselves

Bible Kate would have to declare bankrupty, be caught cheese-making on a sunday and then swear about it, and then accuse her hairdresser of being a godless heathen before discovering they were the archbishop of york to compete

The nursery thing was hilarious when you think about it :D