Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I take it you missed the BallotBoxScot tweet?

No idea what you are talking about. Last one from him 4 days ago re Scottish Parliament from him suggested 73 SNP / Green, 56 the rest................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

No idea what you are talking about. Last one from him 4 days ago re Scottish Parliament from him suggested 73 SNP / Green, 56 the rest................

I'll post it for a second time... 

Screenshot_20230323_184938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3bd639510c4de4391b6eba769b15a055.jpg

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I heard some SNP members talking about how they voted on R4 on the drive home. Each were members voting for each different candidate.

The Humza voting one even suggesting in a binary choice they would choose more progressive policies over independence. Also saying that they'd find it hard to stay in the party if Forbes was leader.

The Regan supporter was enthused by her strategy for independence and praised the energy at a campaign event in Stonehaven.

The Forbes voter seemed to appreciate her honesty, financial sustainability and went on about Angela Merkel a wee bit.

Altogether a bizarre segment I thought.

I hope the Regan supporter wasn't driving. What's R4?

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'll post it for a second time... 

Screenshot_20230323_184938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3bd639510c4de4391b6eba769b15a055.jpg

Why didnt you post the rest of his tweet?

It was (as you know) based on Margaret Ferriers seat, and extrapolation country wide is fucking ridiculous (as he himself acknowledges).

image.png.733344ea511d3eb620ff4d84f42f4f78.png

image.png.04aaaa3c2be0501cbd0e23c0940eaba9.png

What’s the funniest result? Obviously the very funniest result would be Regan winning, unveiling the independence thermometer and appointing Salmond as special advisor on sleepy cuddles but that’s not going to happen.

I think the objectively funniest result would be a razor thin Forbes win. Total chaos would ensue as the SNP establishment would have to deal with failure and try and work out how to live with Forbes. The Greens would perhaps pull out of the coalition. Who would make up the government - bit difficult for her to appoint Yusef after basically saying how shit he is in the campaign, would others serve with her?

As it stands I think Yusef will win pretty comfortably. That will be funny in itself but people trying to get back to BAU while he clown shoes his way through governing will be amusing. I wonder which Tory MSP no mark will end up being fired for making dog-whistle racist remarks about him?

Edited by ICTChris

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Why didnt you post the rest of his tweet?

It was (as you know) based on Margaret Ferriers seat, and extrapolation country wide is fucking ridiculous (as he himself acknowledges).

image.png.733344ea511d3eb620ff4d84f42f4f78.png

image.png.04aaaa3c2be0501cbd0e23c0940eaba9.png

No it's not, you've misunderstood the tweets.

Tweet 1 relates to Ferrier's seat and shows a -0.3% in SNP vote.

Tweet 2 is a health warning regarding UK wide polling. However, shows the Scottish polling number I referenced (down 5%). Its not for that individual seat!

Tweet 3 is saying using the Scots polling shows it tips the seat as well.

Tweet 4 is BBS confirming he doesn't do Westminster projections.

You are compounding a mistake here. You could just admit you are wrong. 

This may also prove useful, I'm not making stuff up...

https://ballotbox.scot/scottish-parliament/polling-scottish-parliament

Edited by Trogdor

50 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I heard some SNP members talking about how they voted on R4 on the drive home. Each were members voting for each different candidate.

The Humza voting one even suggesting in a binary choice they would choose more progressive policies over independence. Also saying that they'd find it hard to stay in the party if Forbes was leader.

The Regan supporter was enthused by her strategy for independence and praised the energy at a campaign event in Stonehaven.

The Forbes voter seemed to appreciate her honesty, financial sustainability and went on about Angela Merkel a wee bit.

Altogether a bizarre segment I thought.

That doesn’t seem a million miles away from this thread, to be devil’s advocate.  

Even on here, most are agreed Regan is a silly candidate for silly people and silly posters and can safely be ignored.    

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What’s the funniest result? Obviously the very funniest result would be Regan winning, unveiling the independence thermometer and appointing Salmond as special advisor on sleepy cuddles but that’s not going to happen.

I think the objectively funniest result would be a razor thin Forbes win. Total chaos would ensue as the SNP establishment would have to deal with failure and try and work out how to live with Forbes. The Greens would perhaps pull out of the coalition. Who would make up the government - bit difficult for her to appoint Yusef after basically saying how shit he is in the campaign, would others serve with her?

As it stands I think Yusef will win pretty comfortably. That will be funny in itself but people trying to get back to BAU while he clown shoes his way through governing will be amusing. I wonder which Tory MSP no mark will end up being fired for making dog-whistle racist remarks about him?

Forbes to win and immediately shut down the economy on a Sunday. No shops, no telly, nobody doing anything.

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Forbes to win and immediately shut down the economy on a Sunday. No shops, no telly, nobody doing anything.

Sturgeon and the world's shittest dentist already tried that one. 

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

This yin is no right. 
Her legacy not delivering an Indy Ref, getting telt over GRR and leaving the party in a mess.

Her GRR bill passed comfortably and her election success gave her the majority support for an Indy ref. Both were blocked by external order.

She has left the party in a mess, I agree there. SNP not having a solid political foundation might be the real problem, though. Mhairi Black and Kate Forbes being prominent members of the same party makes little sense given the ideological ground between them. Although it can be down to a leader to define that direction and Sturgeon clearly didn't.

Edited by FreedomFarter

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Her GRR bill passed comfortably and her election success gave her the majority support for an Indy ref. Both were blocked by external order.

She has left the party in a mess, I agree there. SNP not having a solid political foundation might be the real problem, though. Mhairi Black and Kate Forbes being prominent members of the same party makes little sense given the ideological ground between them. Although it can be down to a leader to define that direction and Sturgeon clearly didn't.

You tend to find that if you constantly fall out with people who, like it or not, you need to keep a good relationship with, then you struggle to get things done.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

You tend to find that if you constantly fall out with people who, like it or not, you need to keep a good relationship with, then you struggle to get things done.

She was to keep a good relationship with the Tory government in Westminster?