Spain (a) in October

Just now, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

If it is indeed a foul, then VAR's involvement was totally improper.  If there's a foul there, it's of the softest possible variety and VAR is well outwith its expected involvement.

It’s not even a foul ffs. There was nothing there at all. If it’s a foul, then what for? And if it was offside, there was no involvement or impediment from Hendry. Both scenarios don’t hold up to scrutiny at all.

No idea why some people on this thread are going out of their way to be complete c***s.  We were cheated tonight - absolutely no doubt about that.

Were we outplayed and second best for most of the game? Absolutely.

we did however score a perfectly valid goal which no one seems to actually know why it was disallowed.  UEFA is and always has been corrupt as f**k 

Every experience I've had of VAR in 2023 has been apalling.

Celtic away, they got a penalty for a handball, which bounces off of Ambrose's foot onto his hand - therefore not a foul.

Rangers away, okay, it gave us a penalty, but then almost instantly gave them one back for f**k all.

Tonight - explaination not needed.

The Liverpool Spurs incident, and the fact that everyone who isn't a Celtic/Rangers/ManCity/Barcelona fan hates VAR, shows it needs binned, or all of the referees need binned.

It's a total fucking shambles.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've never said otherwise. There's clearly been a horrendous communications mix up somewhere whatever they gave. IF they gave a foul thats an absolute joke of a decision. 

He is interfering with play though so if offside (which it appears he was) then it should be ruled out.

How on earth is he interfering with play? Explain it.

I wonder if the foul given against Robertson on the keeper, and the foul not given for the taking the man out on the edge of the box, were actually just 'wrong hand signals'. Makes sense now.

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Depends where the ball was

The ball was surely behind McTominay as well, given that he whipped it in with his right foot.

On first seeing replays, I thought Hendry was onside because of how far forward the ball already was for the free kick.  I think it's another factor that casts real doubt over whether Hendry was in an offside position at all.  That bit is by no means certain thus far.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed. I regularly comfortably reach for a ball the other side of a 6ft 4 man standing relatively passively right in front of me. 

Honestly, the ability of fans to not see what they dont want to see is endless.

The offside itself is very tight. The only angle I saw looks just off. I assume they've got the lines right. But if he is offside, he's definitely interfering.

I wasn't disputing any of that.  I just thought that if he was clearly offside and definitely interfering (your words) then there would be no need for the ref to go to the monitor.  There was no argument in my statement. Just asking for clarification (I even said I was happy to be corrected if I was wrong).  Not sure why the condescending response was required,. But hey-ho you can chalk this up as another internet win if you want 

Just now, SweeperDee said:

How on earth is he interfering with play? Explain it.

I have, several times. 

But since you're struggling, he's standing right in front of the keeper stopping him jumping for the ball. For good measure he also gives him a wee shove as the ball nears but he'still interfering even if he doesnt do that.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I have, several times. 

But since you're struggling, he's standing right in front of the keeper stopping him jumping for the ball. For good measure he also gives him a wee shove as the ball nears but he'still interfering even if he doesnt do that.

Wrong.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I have, several times. 

The keeper could quite easily have jumped for the ball, he was not that close to him.