Spain (a) in October

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Anyone fancy taking a stab at who the last player to score a (legitimate) free-kick for Scotland was, and in which game? 

McGinn against Kazakhstan i think. 

Austin McPhee has been involved in many set plays with Scotland.

Two questions I have about the disallowed goal:

- was McTominay only taking it as Robbo (Plus absence of Teirney) was off injured?

- or was this a planned attempt?

I’ve noticed Hendry does tend to drag the defensive line as much as possible at most free kicks so he’s obviously under instructions. 

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Austin McPhee has been involved in many set plays with Scotland.

Two questions I have about the disallowed goal:

- was McTominay only taking it as Robbo (Plus absence of Teirney) was off injured?

- or was this a planned attempt?

I’ve noticed Hendry does tend to drag the defensive line as much as possible at most free kicks so he’s obviously under instructions. 

I think McTominay would've taken it anyway. MacPhee's shown before that he'll put less reliable takers on set-pieces if there's a chance that they'll deliver what he wants. McTominay's taken a few in-swinging corners before and I think the plan was always for a delivery like that. 

I thought we were a threat from set-pieces all night, and it was good seeing us adding long throws to our repertoire. 

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

VAR is something football spent decades demanding, and probably justifyably, but it's the usage of it, and way it seems to be down to interpretation and opinion that is the issue,

And the lack of transparency and communication.

100% agree, especially the last bit.

Remember a decade of two back, long before VAR when 'level' got changed from offside to onside.  

It represented a psychological alteration as much as a physical one.  It favoured the attacker and meant a presumption of onside unless very clearly otherwise.

VAR has reversed that psychological dimension, and I'm having a hard time believing that that's what it was introduced for.

I still can’t see how the ref could not award a free kick for the “foul” on McGinn. 

That set the tone for me. 

The SFA and the SPFL are corrupt in Scotland with deliberate bias towards the OF. 

UEFA is corrupt with bias towards the big countries. 

FIFA is corrupt. 

Fcuk the SFA

Fcuk UEFA 

Fcuk FIFA

Fcuk VAR

FTOF for good measure.

15 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

From what we saw last night Norway are beating Spain in Oslo...so we should still qualify as group winners 👍

Nah, I can't see Spain fecking it up there when it'd mean a real chance they'd go out.

If Spain had pretty much qualified already then I'd have the fear.