Motherwell vs Hearts: Fir Park 2023-02-19 12:00

On 16/02/2023 at 10:41, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Tartan noir is now a well established literary phenomenon transplanting the hard boiled American detective fiction genre to Scottish settings and Edinburgh in particular lends itself to the Gothamite role of glistening metropolis with the shady underbelly and dark alleys.

The towns of North Lanarkshire on the other hand would seems better suited to fill in for the New Jersey that Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi romanticise in their blue collar anthems. Some day there's going to be a guy from Wishaw who'll cash in on that potential with big stadium rock songs about "riding the A725 with my heart on fire" and slower numbers about how "That Bellshill girl and me, we were never meant to be, I still think of her, does she ever think of me?"   etc....

But until then we've got a football match

Hearts away form hasn't been great (W3,D5,L4) but even after Motherwell's win last night they're still the worst home team in the league  (W2,D3,L7)

I reckon Hearts should have enough to do it here and with Livingston playing Rangers even a draw is unlikely to see us dragged closer to 4th

On 16/02/2023 at 12:14, Stylish Kid said:

I'm glad that they got the post-sacking win out of the way against At Mirren, doubly so because it helps keep St Mirren away from us. With Motherwell's travails this season, we need to be looking at 3 points. 

No Ginnelly IIRC due to suspension. Humphrys has probably earned a start, I'm looking forward to see what him and Shankland can do together 

On 16/02/2023 at 13:04, Tony Wonder said:

Shankland in for Gino, and hopefully through the middle rather than as a 10.

Reckon Devlin and Rowles come back in as well, though maybe slightly harsh on Grant. 

Motherwell will have their tails up after last night, but we really have to be looking to win here. Need to really try and pull away in 3rd and have a tricky run with 4 out the next 5 away.

On 17/02/2023 at 17:47, Mr. X said:

We don't do comfortable wins unless we're playing Hibs or Aberdeen.

I'll go for a narrow 2-1 Hearts win, where Motherwell will think we were so lucky.

5 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I quite like how Humphrys and Kuol seem to understand each other on the pitch. I think they will combine for a goal today.

Better luck with your lottery numbers, lads.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Better luck with your lottery numbers, lads.

You've nailed us all there like. A handful of folk saying we should be looking to beat a team who've just sacked their manager and have an awful home record, and one guy hopeful about a partnership that never actually played together. 

No sure how we all recover from that tbh.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

You've nailed us all there like. A handful of folk saying we should be looking to beat a team who've just sacked their manager and have an awful home record, and one guy hopeful about a partnership that never actually played together. 

^^^^ Seething

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ye raging aye?

The juggernaut has crashed. Despite their delusion the Gunts have stumbled the last few weeks. Struggled against 10 man united who were the better team for the majority of the match, gave the currants their easiest game of the season in a 3-0 pumping, at home, and struggled against Livingston away. Just wait til the unwashed pump them out the cup for Rogered Robbie to get his jotters

21 hours ago, welldaft said:

Right my fellow Edinburger Jambos. 

You are going to finish 3rd anyway.

We are a better top flight option than the 3 teams below us.

Give us a positive result now that the 3 teams below us lost today. Not too much to ask. 

You know it makes sense. Ta 👍

You know it makes sense Ta 😉

3 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

The juggernaut has crashed. Despite their delusion the Gunts have stumbled the last few weeks. Struggled against 10 man united who were the better team for the majority of the match, gave the currants their easiest game of the season in a 3-0 pumping, at home, and struggled against Livingston away. Just wait til the unwashed pump them out the cup for Rogered Robbie to get his jotters

Penalty FC have been mince all season. Consistently riding their luck and scoring against the balance of play. It's all falling apart for them now.
Best thing about it all will be the end of the media wankfest over an utterly substandard team.

Came in to see the glorious Natalie and wasn’t let down. 

Delighted with this win tbh. Good to see fight passion and intensity for the second game in a row. 

Hard to pick a single player out but what I can say is I love Dan Casey. He’s a machine. Solid, fast and actually a very good passer of the ball. 

Keep it coming.

Any more results like this and I’ll need to dig out the posts from uppity Jambos telling me they will finish 3rd by a significant margin, after my assertion that there really isn’t much between all of us* on any given matchday.

*Outwith the two disproportionally large kunts with all the money and VAR in their back pockets obviously.

Edited by pozbaird