Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

Just now, Raith_Rasta said:

Short for decent seems getting the high ball defensive headers so far. Soz man ha 

I was being facetious.

McGinty is, always has been and always will be a completely shite footballer. Craig Gordon levels of being feart of the ball. Baffling he came through Man Utd's academy.

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Didn't realise that Ayr were as much of a long ball merchant side as they are tonight. 

Rovers midfield are so slow as well, just no movement. 

Scarily, this hasn't been as direct as it has been of late!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I think the game has been alright, but maybe that’s just because of how bad it’s been recently…

Huge improvement on last week, if Dipo wasn’t miles off it this is basically us at the beginning of the season. 

Aye I think we’ve been okay but that’s maybe in comparison to how we played against QP and Thistle. Raith have been quite tidy in possession and I get the fear every time Easton or Connolly pick the ball up. 

I’d get Maguire on for McKenzie and Houston on for McAllister. We’ll probably wait until 60 minutes for those changes right enough. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Didn't realise that Ayr were as much of a long ball merchant side as they are tonight. 

Rovers midfield are so slow as well, just no movement. 

Aye, twice Spencer had the ball in a promising position in the middle (the first due to his own excellent industry, to be fair) and just didn't see the two or three possible passes and ended up eventually making poor decisions. Really unlike him. 

Overall, we've passed the ball better, but Ayr are getting slightly more change from their long balls. Akinyemi has done us a huge turn by stumbling over the ball three or four times when he might've done something dangerous. 

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see it end up 1-0 either way, probably from a penalty for a soft handball that the defender doesn't know anything about.