Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I was being facetious.

McGinty is, always has been and always will be a completely shite footballer. Craig Gordon levels of being feart of the ball. Baffling he came through Man Utd's academy.

Nae sweat mma man ha. Dunno what he’s like wi the ball at his feet but his heading placement been ok so far, hopefully his foot character will get Rovers a goal second half 😁🤞

We had the better of the play early on but Ayr have had the better chance. It's as 50/50 and boring a game as you could imagine. Stanton Easton and Connolly look lively so hopefully we see some magic at some point. Spencer has misplaced a few too many passes at times and dick has looked a week link at times also. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I think we’ve been okay but that’s maybe in comparison to how we played against QP and Thistle. Raith have been quite tidy in possession and I get the fear every time Easton or Connolly pick the ball up. 

I’d get Maguire on for McKenzie and Houston on for McAllister. We’ll probably wait until 60 minutes for those changes right enough. 

Yeah - absolutely no chance we’ll see subs earlier. I would get Maguire as much game time as he can manage. 

It's amazing how much better these fairly limited players look on the AstroTurf pitch, where their second touch isn't always a tackle. Mullin has put some good balls in and O'Connor will hopefully become more dangerous as space opens up.

McAlear is improving, albeit from the very low bar of the Queen's Park game. At the moment he looks like the guy your mate brings to make up the numbers at 5s, who played at a good level 10 years ago but hasn't kicked a ball since - some good touches but also occasionally miles off the pace.