Airdrie Vs The Bairns

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Mind of this game, if I mind right it was the day after Airdrie went into liquidation and some of the support done the walk to meet up with the Falkirk supporters at the Roman Bar

Certainly were in financial difficulty but the liquidation was a few seasons after that. Think Austin McCann got sent off and a penalty in first minute. I was there but too lazy to walk 

26 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Certainly were in financial difficulty but the liquidation was a few seasons after that. Think Austin McCann got sent off and a penalty in first minute. I was there but too lazy to walk 

Apologies it was Administration, just googled it and knew it was one of the 2 before that game got played.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It's 2002, the Euro has just been rolled out across the continent, Brazil have won the world cup, the Streets release their debut album, this is cutting edge patter...

KLF were big in Airdrie in the early 90's,...... sorry that's my acronym dyslexia kicking again, I obviously meant the KKK. 

4 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

KLF were big in Airdrie in the early 90's,...... sorry that's my acronym dyslexia kicking again, I obviously meant the KKK. 

It's 2006, Google has just bought YouTube, the Nintendo Wii is flying off the shelves, the arctic monkeys release their debut album, this is cutting edge patter.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Apologies it was Administration, just googled it and knew it was one of the 2 before that game got played.

Yes that's the financial road we were on which led to the Archibald challenges and as you say eventually liquidation. Unhappy memories for me if not for many of our rivals.

18 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes that's the financial road we were on which led to the Archibald challenges and as you say eventually liquidation. Unhappy memories for me if not for many of our rivals.

tbf never really thought the Airdrie united name took off for you, kind of strange not seeing Clydebank around when you look at names that used to be in the leagues in the past.

8 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Walking solo from Airdrie train station to the park, can any Airdrie fans point me in the direction of somehwere on the way that does a good pint? I’ll have no colours on so I can brave an Airdrie pub if need be 😆

The Albert is probably the best pub and is also closest to the ground. The West End Bar is good and close to the station but is in the opposite direction and would be a bit of a walk to the ground. Cue Here is always a good shout but you’re probably best to just head straight to The Albert to maximise your drinking time. 

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Not confident about a Falkirk win in this one. Granted we are playing a lot better and now have a bit of fight but the Airdrie team are excellent on their day. I would rate this as a harder game than our games against the Fife. Get intae them Falkirk

Certainly we have an ingrained pessimism when it comes to Airdrie due to our honking results in recent years, but if we really are in the process of turning a corner as well as keeping the pressure on the Fifers, then games like this simply have to be won. A defeat here, and a Fifer win, and that’s pretty much game up in terms of winning the league.

We will be back to using the “if” word again and convincing ourselves that mathematically we are still in it. This is a game we need to win.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Airdrie are hands down best footballing team in this league. I'd real concern about playing them recently over 2 legs. Happy with the Pars 4 points tbh. Much as I detest Airdrie (worse than Falkirk), I hope them pump Falkirk. 

8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Not confident about a Falkirk win in this one. Granted we are playing a lot better and now have a bit of fight but the Airdrie team are excellent on their day. I would rate this as a harder game than our games against the Fife. Get intae them Falkirk

I'd say I have a fear about the game but it's not a game we can't win.

Airdrie were the best footballing team last season for me but in the two games so far they are nowhere near that level this season, both teams very ordinary in the draw at the TFS. The defeat @ Airdrie for me wasn't as bad as a lot suggested, injuries and not taking your chances killed us

Anyone happen to know if there is a decent amount of disabled parking at the ground for away fans? A family member is coming with us today and they are not able to walk far. We do have a blue badge.

Edited by Rizzo

21 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is blowing an opportunity and then there is absolute and complete capitulation such as properly managed Airdrie produced a couple of weeks back.

And losing 4 nil to us the last time you were at our ground wasn't a complete capitulation? 

But you 'properly managed' to forget that I'm sure. 😘

41 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Anyone happen to know if there is a decent amount of disabled parking at the ground for away fans? A family member is coming with us today and they are not able to walk far. We do have a blue badge.

There is plenty yes, accessible via both front and rear entrances too I believe. There's stewards on the gates who can direct you. 👍

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond