Airdrie Vs The Bairns

3 pages before this thread turned into a binfire is better than 3 comments like the last time.

Falkirk are a very good team this season, McGlynn has done an excellent job as manager and from watching the Darvel game and highlights from Falkirk TV you play pretty good football too. 13 game unbeaten run in the league is pretty impressive.

I'm pretty nervous/fearful for this game got the fear that our unbeaten run against you will finally come to an end, I'd feel more relaxed getting an emergency keeper on loan than having Hutts in goals. 

We really need to play at the same standard as the Alloa game and for 30 minutes of the first half vs Dunfermline at home to win this one. Smithy back from suspension is a massive boost.

Expect this game to be played like a basket ball game. Will probably see you in the play offs but if you're smart enough you'll want to play us in the final and not the semi's. (It's normally the final we bottle).

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

No doubt. I also don't doubt that we will be. Whilst you're all fawning over your defence, with someone suggesting it's you've best CB pairing in the league, I'd suggest we've the most inform midfield in the league right now. Including Mr Telfer who is just getting better with every game he plays. 

Dunfermline couldn't handle us 2 games ago. But for a daft sending off, it could've ended more than 3 nil to us. Even on Saturday, we played them off the park at times. 

I see no reason why we can't do the same to you on Saturday given we've done it plenty in recent seasons. Yes, you may be an improved team now, but we too are a stronger team than when we beat you 4 nil at home earlier in the season. 

Some of the comments on here are funny as. Edinburgh have been our bogey team so we are cautious about when we play them. It's fair to say we've been your bogey team yet the confidence / arrogance on some posts is laughable. Bring on Saturday. 

Tremendous stuff!

Bigging up losing after blowing a three goal lead at home with half an hour to go and then telling us we should be afraid of the mighty Charlie Telfer.

Ridiculous post from start to finish.

I wasn't at the first game but to suggest Airdrie played us off the park at anytime on Saturday is ludicrous. More accurate to say they had some fairly good spells of play.

And McPake took a maddy and put the Airdrie midfield up against the cast of Byker Grove.

Still hope they pump yous tho

Edited by da_no_1

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I wasn't at the first game but to suggest Airdrie played us off the park at anytime on Saturday is ludicrous. More accurate to say they had some fairly good spells of play.

And McPake took a maddy and put the Airdrie midfield up against the cast of Byker Grove.

Still hope they pump yous tho

Saturday was a strange one too. Todorov header came off the post, Bene penalty save, could have been a 4:1 home win. Aye, Airdrie game was a tough one, not really bothered about this Saturday as long as we come back with 3 points from Dumries.

Really hope Henderson can make this one on Saturday, not sure about yesterday but I know he didn't train on Monday. Has brought the height and length to our midfield that we have missed for a long long time and his competency on the ball is surprising me nearly weekly not that I thought he was totally incompetent before. Not sure if Max can offer the same in that role.

17 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I want to reiterate, I am shitting myself for this game, got to hope the players who have been thumped by Airdrie many times have bigger baws than me. We are due a win against you lot though, but we're also due a loss...

So a draw would be the best outcome? Go on then........

Edited by da_no_1

Glenmavis seems more interested in beating us than his team actually achieving something. I just hope we actually turn up on Saturday. Too many times against Airdrie we just haven't been up for the fight and have made it far too easy for them. If we play well and still lose then you just have to hold your hands up but to not turn up again would be unacceptable. The Ukrainian boy looked different class last Saturday so must be in mcglynns thoughts although it will be a blow if Henderson is out.