Title race

6 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

You just haven't got over QP failure to beat the Ton this season in the league, this probably goes back some 100 years now.

But all is not lost as it now looks a 2 horse race, the question is the flat season beckons, are you up for it!

Of course we are. If all goes to plan we win the title at Ayr followed by a Guard of Honour at Greenock. 😉

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Dundee's to lose. Any  one of a bundle for 2nd to 4th.

Don’t agree…still seeing less than a point between the two seasons end, so it’s all in play. Based upon fixtures, there’s not much in it either…Dundee has the gimme that is Cove while Queen’s has the Accies…you could argue that Queen’s has Ayr as a decent chance to win, but all the rest are no assured results for both. Best guess to win League is now about 63 points. Ninth place, about 31 points…

44 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Don’t agree…still seeing less than a point between the two seasons end, so it’s all in play. Based upon fixtures, there’s not much in it either…Dundee has the gimme that is Cove while Queen’s has the Accies…you could argue that Queen’s has Ayr as a decent chance to win, but all the rest are no assured results for both. Best guess to win League is now about 63 points. Ninth place, about 31 points…

Bookies now have Dundee as 4/6 favourites - were 11/10 pre-match.

QP are 6/4 - we're 5/6 pre-match.

Next matches are very interesting:

Friday - Partick vs QP

Saturday - Arbroath vs Dundee

Saturday- Ayr vs Morton

QP lost the title when we lost Murray. Simple as that. He was the guy that would have made a difference in the business end of the season, when the team need the confidence and the composure to deal with this kind of pressure. At least, I'm glad @Dave cashed out his bet 😄

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

51 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's the top four teams now settled. IMO. Another boo-hoo for the morten and their dimwit support.

Very sad.

Thank you.

Disagree on top four…amazingly, Raith could be four behind Partick, and five behind Ayr, with a game in hand come Tuesday night. Morton and ICT could also close still, both with a game in hand and five/six and six/seven back, so it’s not done yet, not as long as Ayr look done and Partick are perfectly capable of a horrendous run.

I do agree the top two look likely.

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Disagree on top four…amazingly, Raith could be four behind Partick, and five behind Ayr, with a game in hand come Tuesday night. Morton and ICT could also close still, both with a game in hand and five/six and six/seven back, so it’s not done yet, not as long as Ayr look done and Partick are perfectly capable of a horrendous run.

While laying out the points totals with games in hand makes it look a reasonable enough target, Morton or Inverness could possibly need 4 wins from 6 to make it, barring a five game collapse from Ayr or Partick akin to Morton over the last five. With ICT having the bottom three to come that's not out of the question, but still a huge task; a near impossible one for Morton when you factor recent form in. When you're running out of games to close the gap, Raith having fewer points on the board but the extra game in hand can look a more appealing position.

There is the flip side to that of how likely an Ayr or Partick collapse could be; Ayr have a hard run in and have only 1 won of their 8 games against sides not called Hamilton or Cove this year. However they can go into a head to head with Morton next week with the confidence of knowing we were that win and another definitely buries any prospect of us catching them.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

There is the flip side to that of how likely an Ayr or Partick collapse could be; Ayr have a hard run in and have only 1 won of their 8 games against sides not called Hamilton or Cove this year. However they can go into a head to head with Morton next week with the confidence of knowing we were that win and another definitely buries any prospect of us catching them.

Thistle's next two games are both at firhill against QP and Ayr before 3 fixtures on paper that are easier against Hamilton, Arbroath and Raith. If we can get 10 points from the remaining games I'd say we're in with a chance of 2nd. Both QP and Ayr both seem to be losing their form at the worst possible time but we've been hounded by QP 3 times this season so not expecting much

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While laying out the points totals with games in hand makes it look a reasonable enough target, Morton or Inverness could possibly need 4 wins from 6 to make it, barring a five game collapse from Ayr or Partick akin to Morton over the last five. With ICT having the bottom three to come that's not out of the question, but still a huge task; a near impossible one for Morton when you factor recent form in. When you're running out of games to close the gap, Raith having fewer points on the board but the extra game in hand can look a more appealing position.

Oh, I agree with all that, but the statement was it was top four decided, and it decidedly isn’t locked in…yet.

7 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

QP lost the title when we lost Murray. Simple as that. He was the guy that would have made a difference in the business end of the season, when the team need the confidence and the composure to deal with this kind of pressure. At least, I'm glad @Dave cashed out his bet 😄

That was an astonishing decision letting him go unless he had something written in his contract about moving to a top flight club! For what it’s worth, still a few twist and turns to come in this division

27 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

That was an astonishing decision letting him go unless he had something written in his contract about moving to a top flight club! For what it’s worth, still a few twist and turns to come in this division

I couldn't agree more with the "twists and turns". The Championship is much more exciting and competitive than the joke & scam called SPL. Tbh, I'd rather have QP stay and compete in the Championship. 

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Since Doolan took charge we have got 15 points from 8 games, which is the best of the bunch in that time frame. Even more notable since 6 of those games have been away from home. However, we seem to be picking up injuries to defenders at an alarming rate again. 

5 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I couldn't agree more with the "twists and turns". The Championship is much more exciting and competitive than the joke & scam called SPL. Tbh, I'd rather have QP stay and compete in the Championship. 

Sadly you may get your wish according to big foot.