The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

38 minutes ago, sophia said:

With that in mind, it seems to me that ICTChris has rightfully identified that the only position that is up for debate is the one behind Billy Mackay.

I'd tend to agree with Doran starting but I'd equally content with more pace in that area of the park.

I was listening to the podcast above and AY made the point that Shaw in that position can steal the ball from deep lying opposition midfielders - which he did brilliantly against Livi for one. I can see is starting Henderson and Daniel Mackay wide, use their pace on the big pitch and use Shaw in the middle.

Doran has the experience of course and could easily get the nod.

Edited by ICTChris

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was listening to the podcast above and AY made the point that Shaw in that position can steal the ball from deep lying opposition midfielders - which he did brilliantly against Livi for one. I can see is starting Henderson and Daniel Mackay wide, use their pace on the big pitch and use Shaw in the middle.

That's true and I think someone* mentioned something of the same on here the other day. Despite detractors and on the evidence of recent flashes of joie de vivre, this game might just be the scene for Danny and the pace I craved may well be better deployed mostly in the wide areas of Hampden.

Here we are debating coherent choices rather than a cobbled together team and what's not to like about that.

* it was @NorthStand10 on the Dundee match thread 

Edited by sophia
isn't it obvious?

21 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Doran has the experience of course and could easily get the nod.

I can exclusively reveal (not knowing the names of all your players) that a player who has been out a while has returned to training this week and has travelled with the squad.   I can also reveal that John Robertson is a surprisingly nice man, but doesn’t hold Stuart Dougal or Ian Maxwell in high esteem.  He also thought Shinnie’s red card was correct.  

Also: lots of Nick Ross chat.  Interesting fella. 

Edited by Savage Henry

24 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I can exclusively reveal (not knowing the names of all your players) that a player who has been out a while has returned to training this week and has travelled with the squad.   I can also reveal that John Robertson is a surprisingly nice man, but doesn’t hold Stuart Dougal or Ian Maxwell in high esteem.  He also thought Shinnie’s red card was correct.  

Also: lots of Nick Ross chat.  Interesting fella. 

I always knew Max Ram would return when we needed him most.

Little concerned about our recent performances despite results being good. Cove, Hamilton and Dundee were all fine in terms of points gained but we were poor for the overwhelming majority of those games.

Edited by RiG

Various mentions here and there of Event Parking has totally thrown my plan to just wire into the first available space I can find - where the f'ck are we actually allowed to park tomorrow?

Seem to remember designated parking in a 'green space' back in 2015 ... anything like that on the go?

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Various mentions here and there of Event Parking has totally thrown my plan to just wire into the first available space I can find - where the f'ck are we actually allowed to park tomorrow?

Seem to remember designated parking in a 'green space' back in 2015 ... anything like that on the go?

I was just going to pick a street off King's Park Av. Can we not?