SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

11 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

You can say that again! I typed it out on desktop where it doesn't look so bad but then I saw it later on my phone and realised what I'd done. Almost deleted out of shame!

I’ve made that mistake in the past too 😂

I respect a long, well thought out post though, so will try and battle through it later on.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I see that this thread had slipped down to page 3.

Maybe @Jedi2 can post his long lists of lies and half-truths about the SNP here, so these that are bored by his nonsense can ignore him.

^^^ Jedi mind games…

With Swinney today saying that he would 'welcome a strengthening of 'powers' for the Scottish Parliament', a day after saying that 'Line 1 Page 1 means asking for a Referendum in the 'next 5 years'...what is the policy now?

They have also of course, removed 'for Independence' from Ballot papers.

We have gone from 'most seats, start negotiations, it's it's defacto Ref' to 'ask for a Ref with most seats', to 'get more powers for the Scottish Parliament'.

What will the Devo Max Party's position be tomorrow?

43 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

With Swinney today saying that he would 'welcome a strengthening of 'powers' for the Scottish Parliament', a day after saying that 'Line 1 Page 1 means asking for a Referendum in the 'next 5 years'...what is the policy now?

The SNP's policy (as always) is to pursue independence. However, any immediate increase in devolved powers will be welcomed. These are not contradictory positions.

54 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Have the ballor paper designs even been released yet? Lasr time Jedi came out with this shit, I linked to various articles stating that the SNP have registered logos with the Electoral Commission containing the words "Independence " and "For Independence"

Why not provide a link to a source, Jedi?

58 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

I thought that Labour claimed to be the Devo Max Party? They definitely did in 2014. They will probably still claim that The Vow was implemented in full. Remember when Gordy Broon promised federalism within 2 years if we voted 'No'?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/gordon-brown-backs-federalism-in-event-of-no-vote-1528957

Labour (and their dupes like Jedi) are confirmed liars

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

The SNP's policy (as always) is to pursue independence. However, any immediate increase in devolved powers will be welcomed. These are not contradictory positions.

Have the ballor paper designs even been released yet? Lasr time Jedi came out with this shit, I linked to various articles stating that the SNP have registered logos with the Electoral Commission containing the words "Independence " and "For Independence"

Why not provide a link to a source, Jedi?

I thought that Labour claimed to be the Devo Max Party? They definitely did in 2014. They will probably still claim that The Vow was implemented in full. Remember when Gordy Broon promised federalism within 2 years if we voted 'No'?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/gordon-brown-backs-federalism-in-event-of-no-vote-1528957

Labour (and their dupes like Jedi) are confirmed liars

Ballot Papers: Is even The National lying now @lichtgilphead or is it maybe you?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24377015.john-swinney-defends-snp-ditching-independence-ballot-paper/

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24375918.swinney-defends-decision-ignore-yousaf-independence-plan/

10 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

We have gone from 'most seats, start negotiations, it's it's defacto Ref' to 'ask for a Ref with most seats', to 'get more powers for the Scottish Parliament'.

This is a "corruption, lies and hypocrisy" thread, not a "slightly unclear policy" thread. 

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

I note that (yet again) Jedi doesn't even appear to have read the full article he has linked to., and his links are behind a paywall. Here are links to the full articles

https://archive.ph/Mx0NE

https://archive.ph/dpBV1

I have previously pointed out that the SNP have registered two new logos. These can be found here. The logos were registered on 4th April 2024. Here they are:

Screenshot2024-06-1409_28_10.thumb.png.03552fa3a97675a708fccd4c9f5e195f.png

Now, if you look at the full text of Jedi's links, you will find that they both refer to these new logos.

"They were also given authorisation to use two new logos, both of which included the party's symbol above the letters SNP.
One then had the word “independence”, while the other had “for independence”."

Now, as far as I'm aware, no-one has yet seen a ballot paper, so I'm not sure which logo will be used. I'll promise to post a photo of my postal ballot paper when I receive it though.

In conclusion, I would congratulate Jedi on getting hold of the wrong end of the stick & falling for an Alba Party press release. I would also like to congratulate him for proving my point for me (yet again).

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that (yet again) Jedi doesn't even appear to have read the full article he has linked to., and his links are behind a paywall. Here are links to the full articles

https://archive.ph/Mx0NE

https://archive.ph/dpBV1

I have previously pointed out that the SNP have registered two new logos. These can be found here. The logos were registered on 4th April 2024. Here they are:

Screenshot2024-06-1409_28_10.thumb.png.03552fa3a97675a708fccd4c9f5e195f.png

Now, if you look at the full text of Jedi's links, you will find that they both refer to these new logos.

"They were also given authorisation to use two new logos, both of which included the party's symbol above the letters SNP.
One then had the word “independence”, while the other had “for independence”."

Now, as far as I'm aware, no-one has yet seen a ballot paper, so I'm not sure which logo will be used. I'll promise to post a photo of my postal ballot paper when I receive it though.

In conclusion, I would congratulate Jedi on getting hold of the wrong end of the stick & falling for an Alba Party press release. I would also like to congratulate him for proving my point for me (yet again).

Je does seem to play into your hands each time he posts anything.

The National's and John Swinney both lying (dated June 10th) and @lichtgilphead truth telling (he is of course course more knowledgeable about this than either Swinney himself or the SNP's own Newspaper:

'John Swinney has defended the decision to ditch Humza Yousaf’s plan to have the word independence on the ballot paper at the General Election.

The First Minister said: “The Scottish National Party is what I need people to vote for and that's what's going to be on the ballot paper.

However, on Friday when nominations closed and each of Scotland’s 32 local authorities published their notice of polls, only the party’s name was used.'

35 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

The National's and John Swinney both lying (dated June 10th) and @lichtgilphead truth telling (he is of course course more knowledgeable about this than either Swinney himself or the SNP's own Newspaper:

'John Swinney has defended the decision to ditch Humza Yousaf’s plan to have the word independence on the ballot paper at the General Election.

The First Minister said: “The Scottish National Party is what I need people to vote for and that's what's going to be on the ballot paper.

However, on Friday when nominations closed and each of Scotland’s 32 local authorities published their notice of polls, only the party’s name was used.'

And here we go with another thread where Jedi doubles down on his assumptions, yet fails to provide any definitive proof about their veracity.

Here's the link to the notice of poll for my constituency, and here's a screenshot of the relevant part of the document.

Screenshot2024-06-1416_30_40.thumb.png.ea95291f77a9e94929c134d142c66a0c.png

Does anyone notice anything? That's right! None of the party logos (or any tag-lines) appear!

Now, each party is allowed to choose up to 3 logos to use on ballot papers. The SNP have recently registered two new logos (see my previous post). I assume that the third one will be the basic party symbol, either with or without the letters 'SNP' below.

Effectively, it all boils down to what the SNP decide to use on the ballot papers. However, it would seem to be a bit of a waste of time to go to the bother of registering 2 new logos then not use them.

As I said above, my postal vote should be arriving soon. At that point, we will see what logo the SNP are using in my constituency. Until then, Jedi's opinion is only speculation.

My views on the logo do not contradict what John Swinney or the National said, and the point about the logo appeared in both the National & the Herald.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and will admit it, but I'm not going to go into full "OMG, the SNP have abandoned indy" just because of an Alba Party press release. However, Jedi doesn't appear to care what source he uses fo speculate about "SNPBaaaaadddd"

Jedi further demonstrates his ignorance by referring to "The National" as "the SNP's own paper". Last time I looked, it was owned by Newsquest, and is the sister paper to the Herald. This probably explains the similarity between the wording of the two stories Jedi linked to.

13 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

And here we go with another thread where Jedi doubles down on his assumptions, yet fails to provide any definitive proof about their veracity.

Here's the link to the notice of poll for my constituency, and here's a screenshot of the relevant part of the document.

Screenshot2024-06-1416_30_40.thumb.png.ea95291f77a9e94929c134d142c66a0c.png

Does anyone notice anything? That's right! None of the party logos (or any tag-lines) appear!

Now, each party is allowed to choose up to 3 logos to use on ballot papers. The SNP have recently registered two new logos (see my previous post). I assume that the third one will be the basic party symbol, either with or without the letters 'SNP' below.

Effectively, it all boils down to what the SNP decide to use on the ballot papers. However, it would seem to be a bit of a waste of time to go to the bother of registering 2 new logos then not use them.

As I said above, my postal vote should be arriving soon. At that point, we will see what logo the SNP are using in my constituency. Until then, Jedi's opinion is only speculation.

My views on the logo do not contradict what John Swinney or the National said, and the point about the logo appeared in both the National & the Herald.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and will admit it, but I'm not going to go into full "OMG, the SNP have abandoned indy" just because of an Alba Party press release. However, Jedi doesn't appear to care what source he uses fo speculate about "SNPBaaaaadddd"

Jedi further demonstrates his ignorance by referring to "The National" as "the SNP's own paper". Last time I looked, it was owned by Newsquest, and is the sister paper to the Herald. This probably explains the similarity between the wording of the two stories Jedi linked to.

Wasn't he telling us weeks ago that the SNP were going full-blown UDI?

I personally would stop giving the Professor any more attention.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Wasn't he telling us weeks ago that the SNP were going full-blown UDI?

I personally would stop giving the Professor any more attention.

No, no, no. Dr Jedi PhD told us that Humza was going to negotiate a UDI. A negotiated UDI is actually one of his less crazy assertions.

Now he's saying that Swinney doesn't even want indy any more. @Jedi2 knows what's going on. 👨‍🎓:1eye👨‍🎓:1eye

There have in fairness only been the 4 policy positions in the last 2 months..

Yousaf: Most seats, start negotiations (sounds rather like a Declaration of Independence based on most seats)

Swinney: Agree with Yousaf

Swinney/Flynn: Sorry didn't mean start negotiations meant ask for a Ref within 5 years if most seats.

Swinney: It's about gaining more powers for the Scottish Parliament.

What it is today..no idea

Edited by Jedi2

5 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

There have in fairness only been the 4 policy positions in the last 2 months..

Yousaf: Most seats, start negotiations (sounds rather like a Declaration of Independence based on most seats)

Swinney: Agree with Yousaf

Swinney/Flynn: Sorry didn't mean start negotiations meant ask for a Ref within 5 years if most seats.

Swinney: It's about gaining more powers for the Scottish Parliament.

What it is today..no idea

Yousaf's position (as you usually do) is completely misinterpreted.

It was about getting a majority of seats to then negotiate how independence could be achieved.

My understanding of that is to put in place a mechanism to achieve independence if so desired.

As it stands, there is no legal route whatsoever for independence.

Even Sarwar recognises that there needs to be a legal route (even if Kieth does eventually slap him down).

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh