SNP Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- add them here

Wingman

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do you think short money is just free money to parties to be banked and spent on whatever they like?

Are we allowed to state the obvious joke you've inadvertantly set up there, or do the Police Scotland investigation and any subsequent court cases have to be completed first? 

I’d really like to see the prosecution of Murrell to proceed as quickly as possible.  Unless the Crown Office/Fiscal want it to run through to the Holyrood elections…

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d really like to see the prosecution of Murrell to proceed as quickly as possible.  Unless the Crown Office/Fiscal want it to run through to the Holyrood elections…

I had thought another "Murrell bombshell" to be released/drip fed to the pro unionist media just before WM election .

Edited by I Clavdivs

2 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

I had thought another "Murrell bombshell" to be released/drip fed to the pro unionist media just before WM election .

Yeah, that had been my prediction - either there would be a pleading diet in court in the week running up to the election  or the Crown Office would quietly drop the case a few weeks after.

I could still be wrong though -we'll see

24 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yeah, that had been my prediction - either there would be a pleading diet in court in the week running up to the election  or the Crown Office would quietly drop the case a few weeks after.

I could still be wrong though -we'll see

Either way Murrell and Sturgeon need to quietly fade into the background outside of politics if the SNP is ever to excise toxicity and move on .

• 5 weeks later...

An Israeli diplomat claimed this in 2017:

Screenshot2024-08-163_16_12PM.png.ad03c093fa5ac8dc499e6160fd5bc5aa.png

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/2/14/shai-masot-courted-snps-angus-robertson-ahead-of-trip

If Robertson did say that, he'll have got it from this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

As for Mason, he's an evangelical Christian ignorant to the pleas of evangelical Christian Palestinians (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRn9allxnIg). Mason takes his cues from US evangelicals so maybe he thinks Jesus was born in Kentucky, not Bethlehem, a town Christian Palestinians are currently being driven out of (https://twitter.com/halalflow/status/1823831131298369655#m).

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Wonder how many of these meetings took place?

The only person who I've ever heard praise John Mason later stood as a candidate for the Scottish Family Party. 

How much talking does he do when he's at anti-abortion protests? 🙄

Swinney's statement to explain that the meeting with Robertson was really arranged so he could express the government's concerns and condemnation of Israel's atrocities was risible as well, a pathetic attempt at PR after the fact.

Explicit genocide denial goes to the top of the exceptionally long list of abhorrent things Mason has said, but he's never faced any consequences before going back to indiscipline being allowed to run rampant in Sturgeon's time and I'd be surprised if they started now.