The race for top 6 St Mirren v Livi 01/04/2023

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

You also need to consider in the Dougie Ross factor, where he penalises the most working class team, which, given the game is being played in Feegie, will probably be us. Hopefully VAR will curb his excesses.*

* Please don't tell me its Willie Collum on VAR.

Oh good, I'm in the Main Stand for this one!

After the highs of this week it's back to this turgid shite. This 'top 6' nonsense is just a way to placate the 'diddies' while the bigot brothers are given exclusive rights to the top prize . It's as meaningless as a Celtic championship..Can we not just have international football with a fortnights 'club break' every four months rather than the other way around. ?

49 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

After the highs of this week it's back to this turgid shite. This 'top 6' nonsense is just a way to placate the 'diddies' while the bigot brothers are given exclusive rights to the top prize . It's as meaningless as a Celtic championship..Can we not just have international football with a fortnights 'club break' every four months rather than the other way around. ?

You must be a right laugh at a party.

38 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

As are those who get excited about a 'top 6' finish.

Top 6 = chance of Europe = chance of boozy away trip with fellow fans.

Saints haven't been in Europe since 1987, so excuse me if I get a little excited at the prospect.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Saints haven't been in Europe since 1987, so excuse me if I get a little excited at the prospect.

Top 6 also equals zero chance of relegation, at the very least the sixth placed cash finish, allowing the club to crack on with contract negotiations, identifying targets, and that’s worth achieving. Wouldn’t see me running to the club shop wondering where the ‘Top 6 Finishers’ T Shirts and commemorative club ties are, but definitely better than a slap across the ashet with a wet dishcloth.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

As are those who get excited about a 'top 6' finish.

Why follow a football team if you're not wanting them to be successful..?

For some, that's to stay in the league. For some, its a third place finish. The metric for our success this season is finish higher than 7th. 

An absolute shit-show of a post. Go cheer up somewhere. 

All the best.

Dr S. 

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

There's a "hole in the wall" at the stadium for away fans to purchase tickets.

Just been informed this is only for Home fans to buy tickets, which apparently came from the St Mirren SLO. 

AWAY fans only have the ability to get a ticket online and that will be up till 2pm. 

21 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Fine I get that. My gripe is why do we need the nonsense of 'a split' for that ? 

1 hour ago, Lothiangamer said:

Just been informed this is only for Home fans to buy tickets, which apparently came from the St Mirren SLO. 

AWAY fans only have the ability to get a ticket online and that will be up till 2pm. 

You get a barcode sent to your phone to get in.