THE RUN IN

Nine Queens fans posted predictions in the thread for it last summer.  Four of them placed Queens in the top 2.  

There therefore was a degree of optimism, but it was far from universal.

And yes, I am that determined to procrastinate today to avoid doing some work.

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Did you really just post an irrelevant league table for the full season in a discussion about "form"? Last 6 is pretty standard fare in form guides, but you know this.

No I don’t “know this”. I have used the Sporting Life website for over quarter of a century. You seeking out a 6 is as much of a “how convenient” as anything else. I go with the single biggest Sport and Betting site in the country. You use smaller sites to deny SL……but you know this.

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We have a top three budget

image.jpeg.da5d26dbb07ae4abcef415187d978b99.jpeg

It's statements like this that give ammunition to Greenacres when he invents his fantasy club transfer budget comparisons throughout the close season.  I'm sure you are right, but keep this info to yourself to spare us all from his nonsense... please!

I think that the newspapers and the likes of Sky Sports use 6 as their form guide. Maybe an age thing as that's the figure I'm used to seeing. Never used Sporting Life or any of those sites so didn't know they used 5. I know the BBC use the coloured squares but never really looked at how many of them they use tbh.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think that the newspapers and the likes of Sky Sports use 6 as their form guide. Maybe an age thing as that's the figure I'm used to seeing. Never used Sporting Life or any of those sites so didn't know they used 5. I know the BBC use the coloured squares but never really looked at how many of them they use tbh.

This. The notion that Sporting Life are the bastion of deciding how many games "form" is looked at over is a nonsense and the BBC don't even publish form tables. Them listing the last 5 results next to the actual league table isn't the same thing. In fact, having just gone to Sporting Life for the first time in my life it appears to be exactly the same. It doesn't even publish a form table! It publishes an actual table (which can be filtered for home and away but not for last 5 or 6) and then colour codes the last 5 games alongside. Same as the BBC.

Can anyone find a link to an actual form table showing last 5 as standard?

39 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No I don’t “know this”. I have used the Sporting Life website for over quarter of a century. You seeking out a 6 is as much of a “how convenient” as anything else. I go with the single biggest Sport and Betting site in the country. You use smaller sites to deny SL……but you know this.

Can you please provide a link to a Form Table on SL? I do not mean a league table which lists the last 5 results alongside. I mean an actual table, ordered in the total points,, GD, etc for the last 5 games if that's what it does?

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Thanks. Is that Transfermarkt one what comes up as standard? It's clearly capable of being tapered however the user wants by date matchday. Did you set last 5 or is that what comes up when you first go there? Either way, it's not a "true" form guide as it's looking at matchdays by fixture list, not when played (doesn't include either of the midweek games this week) in its "last" 5 or 6.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks. Is that Transfermarkt one what comes up as standard? It's clearly capable of being tapered however the user wants by date matchday. Did you set last 5 or is that what comes up when you first go there? Either way, it's not a "true" form guide as it's looking at matchdays by fixture list, not when played (doesn't include either of the midweek games this week) in its "last" 5 or 6.

When I fired in "Scottish League one Form" that was one of the links, in fairness there's also quite a few websites that have six. 

I'd always considered five to be the standard due to that normally being how many boxes would show at the end of tables, as well as it being standard on allot of mobile apps (which are probably used more now than websites?) I can see why people say six, but I don't think it's controversial at all for someone to use five. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

When I fired in "Scottish League one Form" that was one of the links, in fairness there's also quite a few websites that have six. 

I'd always considered five to be the standard due to that normally being how many boxes would show at the end of tables, as well as it being standard on allot of mobile apps (which are probably used more now than websites?) I can see why people say six, but I don't think it's controversial at all for someone to use five. 

Boxes at the end of league tables aren't "form tables" though and are likely due to space constraints as much as anything else. The point is it's not controversial to use 6 either (which the bold Mr Freemason was implying was only picked so QoS were top - it wasn't). Indeed the evidence so far is that 6 is more common than 5 in online sources which actually publish tables.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

19 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

Pretty much everyone i know uses the flashscores app which uses last 5 as standard (although it does give you different options as well)20230413_121241.thumb.jpg.c8633400a68ae6f34f439d297d413e1a.jpg

Yes, Grant's already linked to that one. Never heard of it or used it but fair enough, we've found one website that uses 5. The first three I looked at all used 6.