Arbroath FC vs Dundee FC - 08/04/23

I'd be very happy to get a draw out of this one.  Its going to be a tough game in front of what looks likely to be a massive crowd, our best defender (and arguably our best and most consistent player this season) is out injured, and while form has picked up, Dundee are going for a league title, and will have all that confidence.  

Bought my ticket, fully expecting a draw.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I would not be happy at all with a draw. We must win and I would expect nothing less than a Dundee win against any part-time club.

Easy to say that when you ignore we've not won there once since they came up to this level. Would be a grand time to fix that.

39 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bought my ticket, fully expecting a draw.

Easy to say that when you ignore we've not won there once since they came up to this level. Would be a grand time to fix that.

Yeah, and each time, I have not expected it or been remotely happy.

I'm looking forward to a daylight game again with a big crowd, hopefully great atmosphere and a good footballing game. An important game for two sides who both need to take something from it for completely different reasons.

I'd like to see Dundee promoted but not at our expense, I'll be happy if we can take at least a point.

Hope the club have ordered extra steak & black pudding pies.

18 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I would not be happy at all with a draw. We must win and I would expect nothing less than a Dundee win against any part-time club.

I said a couple of weeks back I want 7 from 7 wins in the run-in - a big ask in any league, I know - so the final game against QP means nothing beyond celebrating having won the league. To me the one really awkward game is away at ICT.

Looks like this could be our biggest home league attendance since the early/mid 1970s. Might even better the playoff game last season v ICT.

A few cup games have been higher but I can’t think of any normal league games over/around 5k since before league reconstruction.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Looks like this could be our biggest home league attendance since the early/mid 1970s. Might even better the playoff game last season v ICT.

A few cup games have been higher but I can’t think of any normal league games over/around 5k since before league reconstruction.

Seemingly, because of reconstruction of the ground it'll be the biggest attendance in a decade. 

What gives me hope tomorrow is that the left back who came on (Hetherington) last week in place of the injured Hamilton looked like he was dragged off the streets to play. Get McCowan and Mulligan playing on the right and we'll create opportunities.

That along with the fact Gold who scored last week and given MOTM looked dreadful the whole match but scored a nice header to seal the game.

The only player worth their salt is McKenna and O'Brien who I thought were excellent and could play at a higher level.

Get the ball down and play football. Get McCowan and Hannant running at the two carthorse fullbacks (including Banks) and let Cameron pick the pockets whilst getting Jakubiak running off the fridge-tower that is Ricky Little.

If Robinson is out replacing him with Kwame would be lowering ourselves to the carthorse standards of the Fishmen, however could leave us with a winning formula off the bench in Robinson and McMullen. On top of that it would leave Robinson fully fit for the game in hand on Tuesday where we hopefully reach the summit if the Queens pull off victory in Maryhill tonight.

Thank you.

On 06/04/2023 at 08:17, rainbowrising said:

I said a couple of weeks back I want 7 from 7 wins in the run-in - a big ask in any league, I know - so the final game against QP means nothing beyond celebrating having won the league. To me the one really awkward game is away at ICT.

Morton at home as well.

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What gives me hope tomorrow is that the left back who came on (Hetherington) last week in place of the injured Hamilton looked like he was dragged off the streets to play. Get McCowan and Mulligan playing on the right and we'll create opportunities.

That along with the fact Gold who scored last week and given MOTM looked dreadful the whole match but scored a nice header to seal the game.

The only player worth their salt is McKenna and O'Brien who I thought were excellent and could play at a higher level.

Get the ball down and play football. Get McCowan and Hannant running at the two carthorse fullbacks (including Banks) and let Cameron pick the pockets whilst getting Jakubiak running off the fridge-tower that is Ricky Little.

If Robinson is out replacing him with Kwame would be lowering ourselves to the carthorse standards of the Fishmen, however could leave us with a winning formula off the bench in Robinson and McMullen. On top of that it would leave Robinson fully fit for the game in hand on Tuesday where we hopefully reach the summit if the Queens pull off victory in Maryhill tonight.

Thank you.

Put the glue pot away ya 🤡

Thank you