Raith Rovers v Hamilton Accies

16 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Now that we have no chance of playoffs, I'd just throw the Dundee game. For me anyone but Queens Park to win the league thanks. 

Now I'm convinced Raith are beating us next week lol

9 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Really fear for next season, as without proper investment this squad is not going to be improved on as let's face it apart from the odd performance here or there they have been honking all season, so with the likes of Ross County/ Dundee Utd/Dunfermline  etc being in the championship then can only see us really struggling. 

Tonight was beyond terrible, but to say the team have been honking all season is an outright lie tbh.

Absolutely substandard performance tonight. I can only presume injuries forced us into a change as there was no need to switch from the midfield trio of Brown/Stanton/McGill. We had zero end product when it was necessary, and we pretty much just re-ran the cup final. That's two games against Accies where we've conceded three goals from balls into the box which haven't been dealt with. It's mildly infuriating to see us put in the performances against Cove and Queen's Park, only to lose both the games in such a poor manner. The game wasn't helped by a referee who was absolutely dogshit for both teams. A night to forget, which probably makes it another season to forget other than the Motherwell cup game at home. 

Well, that was absolutely rotten. Terrible, terrible performance. 

Very fortunate to end up in the lead after the own goal, but to lose goals within minutes of each other after twice failing to properly defend a set piece is inexcusable. 

Too many players simply didn't show up tonight. Below par across the board and, after going behind, almost an air that no-one could be arsed. A very poor reaction to going behind and just no urgency whatsoever. We were never making the playoffs, bit at least go down with a bit of a fight and not a whimper. There are a number of players with their contracts up at the end of the season: what was there tonight from many of them to merit an offer? 

Should've had a penalty as well, with Connolly instead booked for "diving". A dreadful decision. 

The end of the season can't come soon enough. 

Edited by Michael W

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Utterly honking.

No striker on the pitch against relegation cannon fodder that Dundee showed how poor they are just 72 hours ago. 

Whipping balls in to the box to 5ft 6 Vaughn…did you not learn from the cup final embarrassment?

Everything is two touches, slow, predictable and boring. 

Never worked the keeper, don’t recall a shot on target and just insipid.

Don't think either Isma or Akio would have been any better however. Both are bang average. 

That said, Connolly was also very poor tonight, takes 4 steps to achieve the same distance a proper sized adult does in one, no idea why we're making him run after the ball, it's like watching a child run after an adult every time.

Ross is almost as bad, spends all the time on the ground after running into someone and doing nothing on the ball, still baffled that anyone can say he's quick. 

Far too slow and far too many times it took our players 4 attempts to properly control the ball and just slow it all down. One shot on target I counted, we were awful, all over the park. 

27 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That two bad performances in the space of a week, I dont rate our chances in the next 2 games

In this stupid league it would be just like it for us to finally win at Inverness, with about 50-100 diehards there to see it.

It’s obviously borderline irrelevant because a draw was no better than a defeat for us tonight, but that decision to not give a penalty for the foul on Connolly at the end was genuinely incredible. He’s about to cut it back to a queue of oncoming bodies, why on earth would be go down? Even more incredible is that both the referee and the linesman - who couldn’t have been more than 15 yards away with a clear line of sight - then completely missed Connolly getting up and decking the Hamilton player with a punch. A fucking incompetent oaf a referee. 

I thought Murray had gotten all that nonsense out of his system. I would love to know his reasoning for those subs. Utterly ridiculous. 

Not that any of that excuses the performance of the players out there for the first 60 odd minutes, who played like the season was already over anyway. 

It was the sort of performance I feared we might put in on Saturday after the disappointment of the final. I did not see that coming at all tonight. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

I honestly thought that Connolly, and Vaughan minutes before, could have made more of an effort to do something with the ball rather than wait on the contact coming.

No idea how both the referee and linesman missed Connolly throwing the punch in the aftermath.

Not much to add re the performance to what's already been said on here.

36 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Really fear for next season, as without proper investment this squad is not going to be improved on as let's face it apart from the odd performance here or there they have been honking all season, so with the likes of Ross County/ Dundee Utd/Dunfermline  etc being in the championship then can only see us really struggling. 

This is my worry. We are looking at 7th and the shite cash that comes with that. Sim wants out so either will no longer really give a f**k or at the least isn’t going to invest or pour money into something he’s about to sell. If Falkirk come up with the Pars then I fear the worst. 

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

I honestly thought that Connolly, and Vaughan minutes before, could have made more of an effort to do something with the ball rather than wait on the contact coming.

No idea how both the referee and linesman missed Connolly throwing the punch in the aftermath.

Vaughans was a total dive. Connolly’s a bit less clear cut, but agree he could have created something 

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Didn’t think the Vaughan one was a penalty. I thought the Connolly one was cast iron. Could be wrong, will see in the highlights I guess. 

The Vaughan one would've been in the very soft category. Connolly's was a stonewaller. 

On the subject of penalties, that booking the Hamilton player got in the first half for 'diving' was a joke as well. Not a penalty, but equally not a dive. 

Another incompetent clown with a whistle. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The Vaughan one would've been in the very soft category. Connolly's was a stonewaller. 

On the subject of penalties, that booking the Hamilton player got in the first half for 'diving' was a joke as well. Not a penalty, but equally not a dive. 

Another incompetent clown with a whistle. 

Did you watch it Raith TV? 

Yeah I thought Vaughan was fortunate not to be booked. Connolly's fell into the 'seen them given' category for me but it was definitely not a dive.

I actually thought it was one of the Hamilton players that knocked the other guy to the ground. Apparently not. 

Delighted with that to be honest.

Deserved win, good battling performance and played some half decent stuff at times. Ashley-Seal up front is a massive, massive improvement on Tiehi so hopefully he can stay fit.

On Tiehi, absolutely fucking stupid thing to do for the red card. Could have cost us but as it is at least we know he won’t play on Saturday so every cloud.