Caledonian Thistles of Inverness -vs- Rovers of Raith

44 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Anyone else's teeth a-chattering in excitement for yet another clash of these two titans?

Yes, fascinating to see The Caley Jags, continue their exceptional H-2-H record versus the Kircaldy outfit. 

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Well after that shit show tonight which killed off our lingering play off hopes, I'm putting the mortgage on a rovers win.

Easy to say if you live in a council house.

Or 

My cosmic ordering requires a Queens Park funky Friday and the historical certainty of Saturday, so all things considered, the likely outcome is two insipid draws.

44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'll be going to Scary Bear's birthday party instead. 

Just checked and I’ve been to 17 games this season! This won’t be 18.

Good record though W10 D2 L5

I would love it if we could finally beat these pesky Highlanderslove it GIF

Edited by Scary Bear

Is this the first proper dead rubber game of the season? A win, loss or a draw means very little to either side. Neither team are going to lose 10/11 points to Arbroath over the next 6 games, neither are either of us going to overturn 8/9 points to thistle or ayr. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Don’t think it’s quite a dead rubber for Inverness yet, especially if Partick have lost on Friday night. Beat us and they’d go three points behind Thistle with a game in hand to play. 

To be fair, the same permutation for us would put us 4 points behind, with a game in hand.

It's a dead rubber for both sides, in my view anyway. 

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is this the first proper dead rubber game of the season? A win, loss or a draw means very little to either side. Neither team are going to lose 10/11 points to Arbroath over the next 6 games, neither are either of us going to overturn 8/9 points to thistle or ayr. 

Yeah I’d say so. Wouldn’t surprise me if Raith finally pick up 3 points against us in a game that ultimately means nothing to either side.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If we win our game in hand we are 3 points of PT and 4 off Ayr (still having to play them) so not quite for us, although any bad result renders our remaining matches as dead rubbers I think.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Raith Rovers.

They've been shite for weeks, we've picked up slightly, that means we're losing.

"Shite for weeks" isn't quite right. You could easily make the argument that our last four games have been our two best and two worst performances of the season. 

There's a huge disparity in the Rovers on a bad day versus the Rovers on a good day. Probably the biggest in the league, but maybe I'm just too close to see that anywhere else. 

There'll be changes from last night, there's no doubt about that. Almost certainly Vaughan won't play as the 9, but whether that means Akio or Goncalves comes in, I've no idea. Regardless, we won't create many clear cut chances, but might well score a couple of belters. 

It's a side that balances on a knife edge most of the time, Schrodinger's Championship side, but I think we need a lot more to go for us to get a good performance, whereas it doesn't take much for things to fall apart. The defence is too brittle too much of the time, and the attack is particularly wasteful. 

If things click, there's absolutely no reason why we can't win on Saturday, but it's ultimately meaningless.