Caledonian Thistles of Inverness -vs- Rovers of Raith

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Honestly, I don’t think we can make a literally playable 4-2-3-1 from that load. Maybe a 4-2-4 with the deep wide players pushing and the wingers dropping?

You are just saying numbers now, aren't you ?

Just now, Craigus said:

Another horrendous defensive mess to add to the collection. Just about matched by the quality of the dodgy stream I might be watching. 

Also, not a crowdwank, but are there more than 100 fans there?! 

RaithTV estimated 100

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

So that's a goalkeeper, two full backs, one centre half, a defensive midfielder, five number 10s and a striker. 

They'll be reconfigured into a 4-2-3-1, I'm sure, but looking at that anything less than a three goal deficit isn't a terrible outcome for us. 

I think your clutching at straws when you say we have a striker.

1 minute ago, Craigus said:

I meant in total. Can hear what the managers are shouting, and there was a gentle ripple of applause when Caley scored..... both of their goals 

Probably why they turned up the tannoy!

Just now, CALDERON said:

It does beg the question why the injuries get as bad as they do.  It's been over a couple of different squads and managers now.

To a fair extent, I think it's a symptom of having such a small squad. We've got five or six players who play every single minute they're available for.

Both Vaughan and Lang have come back from serious injuries and had to hit the ground running, with absolutely no respite. They've both ended up with hamstring injuries. So it's not that it's a recurrence of their original injuries, which have been rehabbed properly, but it does look like there needs to be more general recovery for players who didn't get a full pre-season. 

It also sounds like Ethan Ross and Jamie Gullan have been trying to play on with the same injuries that ultimately require surgery. Nobody gets a chance to sit out for a couple of weeks to let any niggles settle. Unless boys can't run, they're playing, and it's self-defeating. 

8 minutes ago, Craigus said:

I meant in total. Can hear what the managers are shouting, and there was a gentle ripple of applause when Caley scored..... both of their goals 

It's a home game against Raith Rovers: the equivalent of a tap in from 6 inches for par.