Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

9 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Still millions missing from the massive increase in members. Very few paid as little as £1.

Missing? You clearly haven't followed UK politics for long. The rate parties (ALL political parties) get through cash at is eye watering. You also now appear to be inventing a completely new financial "scandal" when the reality is political parties have always spunked cash as if it grew on trees. I suspect if there was a grain of substance to your allegation the gutter press would have been all over it for years. 

28 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its wierd, the main BBC website - again - has almost zero on it.

BBC Scotland - understandably - has loads of stories on the front page, and is wanking itself into a coma on the radio as I type.

His arrest was the story on the BBC all of yesterday. It was everywhere, multiple links on the BBC and BBC news homepages.

His release without charge isn't on either of them and only found on the Scotland page.

It really does rip my knitting when the reporting is unbalanced like this. Most people in the UK who read about the arrest probably don't visit the Scottish news page.

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The Guardian is more opinion than news now. I stopped reading it 2/3 years ago.

Thats all very well,  but this is the UK politics section - detail on the tory outed as asking for cash yesterday, nowt on Murrell / SNP

image.thumb.png.ba5047fab3be8cad64a86ad348ecbc58.png

And the UK BBC front page has f**k all either...............

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Missing? You clearly haven't followed UK politics for long. The rate parties (ALL political parties) get through cash at is eye watering. You also now appear to be inventing a completely new financial "scandal" when the reality is political parties have always spunked cash as if it grew on trees. I suspect if there was a grain of substance to your allegation the gutter press would have been all over it for years. 

There there. We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Yes, because the media were very keen to get on board with the missing £600k.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

His arrest was the story on the BBC all of yesterday. It was everywhere, multiple links on the BBC and BBC news homepages.

His release without charge isn't on either of them and only found on the Scotland page.

It really does rip my knitting when the reporting is unbalanced like this. Most people in the UK who read about the arrest probably don't visit the Scottish news page.

It was on the BBC front page last night.

Since when has the BBC given a fuck about Scotland or Scottish politics?  They're run by the Tories. Of course there will be no coverage on their main news site about it.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Imagine falling to a level where you're genuinely desperate for a crime to have been committed.

Unionists are fucking weird aren't they.  Absolutely desperate for any Scottish nationalist to have done something, anything, newsworthy that will show them in a bad light.

Desperate, desperate stuff.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Since when has the BBC given a f**k about Scotland or Scottish politics?  They're run by the Tories. Of course there will be no coverage on their main news site about it.

It was all over the BBC News channel yesterday tbf.  Correspondent standing two feet in front of some poor police officer trying to stand still and not pick his nose or whatever.

That said, although not BBC, I tuned into Talk Radio for a laugh the other day (good to see how the other side think on occasion) and there was some phone-in caller who said something along the lines of "I'm sick to my back teeth of hearing about Scotland.  Don't they realise there are just as many people living in Yorkshire as there are in Scotland".  Union of nations, aye? 

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Unionists are fucking weird aren't they.  Absolutely desperate for any Scottish nationalist to have done something, anything, newsworthy that will show them in a bad light.

Desperate, desperate stuff.

They'll be wanking themselves off to this for decades.

Strange people.

At the end of the day, over £600k was raised for the IndyRef2 campaign and to-date no-one in the SNP has taken responsibility for it having been spent or even let the fundraisers know what it was spent on (some of whom weren't SNP members).

I find that rather bizarre and it's indefensible but it's classic Murrell.

I'd be surprised if it's criminal, unless there is fraud or the likes were he has personally benefited from it. 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

They'll be wanking themselves off to this for decades.

Strange people.

Absolute fucking cucks.  Getting hard/wet over being governed by another country who sees us as a millstone. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

Absolute fucking cucks.  Getting hard/wet over being governed by another country who sees us as a millstone. 

It’s hard to blame Unionists for this one. This is all entirely self inflicted and the people to blame are Sturgeon, Murrell and all their supporters who would not listen to concerns from within the party and instead mercilessly trampled on what they saw as dissent.

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

It’s hard to blame Unionists for this one. This is all entirely self inflicted and the people to blame are Sturgeon, Murrell and all their supporters who would not listen to concerns from within the party and instead mercilessly trampled on what they saw as dissent.

No one is blaming Unionists for this.  We are talking about the Unionist reaction and how much they appear to be cuck losers.

Just now, TheScarf said:

No one is blaming Unionists for this.  We are talking about the Unionist reaction and how much they appear to be cuck losers.

It's not just unionists, the pro independence genital inspectors are absolutely desperate anaw.  

The number of nationalists on here having sexual fantasies about what unionists may or may not do is bizarre.

I see Nicky's pulled out of a climate science forum today. Cares as much about the environment as she does independence I guess 🙂

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

At the end of the day, over £600k was raised for the IndyRef2 campaign and to-date no-one in the SNP has taken responsibility for it having been spent or even let the fundraisers know what it was spent on (some of whom weren't SNP members).

I find that rather bizarre and it's indefensible but it's classic Murrell.

I'd be surprised if it's criminal, unless there is fraud or the likes were he has personally benefited from it. 

I think this is what some people miss.

There may be no criminality but the actions were completely unethical.

I made a similar point regards Salmond - he was found not guilty on all charges bar one (not proven) yet his behaviour was creepy and inappropriate.

The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

It's not good enough for the SNP (and the wider independence movement) to measure themselves against Tory misdemeanours - they need to be better than that.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Just now, TheScarf said:

But what else do you expect and why even care? We have bigger fish to fry than worrying about unionists right now. 

The damage that has been done to independence by Sturgeon, Murrell and their followers is an absolute disaster. Focus needs to be on resolving this and getting away from it.

Those two clowns, their acolytes and all those who have ignored to destruction of the party over the last 7 years are a disgrace.