Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

BBC Scotland understands Peter Murrell has resigned his SNP membership. 

Surprised they were able to interrupt their party to report on it

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The way this is being reported on the BBC is emphasising very much the issue of contempt of court.  I wonder which fool will be the first to fall foul?

I'm no expert but I'll go for the guy who used to post all the shite homemade memes

53 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

BBC Scotland understands Peter Murrell has resigned his SNP membership. 

Next Hibs manager ?

If Murrell is found guilty of embezzlement, and that’s a very big if, the impact on the Independence movement will be enormous.

There will be some who will argue that it shouldn’t be, but it will.

In another country this kind of scandal would involve millions and a superyacht. Here, it's six grand and a campervan.

This breaks on the same day that Humza tears up his climate change targets.

Do I keep voting for a party that is incompetent and determined to desroy itself, though nominally it represents to a great extent my own beliefs?

Yes, probably. Vote for the candidate. In my consituency it's a reasonable SNP incumbent whose biggest rival is a barking LibDem councillor who loves closing libraries. Oh and there's a ScoLab candidate who is as anonymous as all of them.

So, despite everything, it's a no-brainer, as the children say.

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

In another country this kind of scandal would involve millions and a superyacht. Here, it's six grand and a campervan.

This breaks on the same day that Humza tears up his climate change targets.

Do I keep voting for a party that is incompetent and determined to desroy itself, though nominally it represents to a great extent my own beliefs?

Yes, probably. Vote for the candidate. In my consituency it's a reasonable SNP incumbent whose biggest rival is a barking LibDem councillor who loves closing libraries. Oh and there's a ScoLab candidate who is as anonymous as all of them.

So, despite everything, it's a no-brainer, as the children say.

Just for the sake of pedantry, it's 600 grand. Still small in relation to Mone et al but not insignificant.

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Just for the sake of pedantry, it's 600 grand. Still small in relation to Mone et al but not insignificant.

Indeed, my apols.

My point wasn't to minimise the wrongdoing, but rather to suggest how tinpot it was.

Edited by KirkieRR

7 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

Upping the price of alcohol…stopping smoking…hate crimes…NHS on its knees…drug problems..homelessness..if ever there was a party that needs kicked out…the SNP is it!🇬🇧

Minimum alcohol pricing has cross-party support. The smoking legislation is a creation of the Westminster Tory government and again has cross-party support.

Do try reading some stuff.

Just now, Hiram Holliday said:

Upping the price of alcohol

The biggest component of the price of alcohol is duty & VAT. Aren;t these Westminster taxes?

3 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

stopping smoking

I believe that the plan to ban all citizens currently under 15 from ever buying tobacco products was initially announced by Rishi Sunak?

6 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

hate crimes

Do you think that promoting hate is a good thing?

9 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

NHS on its knees

Are you referring to England or to Wales here? Both perform worse than the Scottish NHS

10 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

drug problems

Isn't this policy area reserved to Westminster?

13 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

homelessness.

Isn't this a responsibility of Local Government? Is it significantly better in Councils run by Yoons?

16 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

🇬🇧

Flegs. Serious stuff.

Thanks for the inpurt Hiram, but I expect better trolling  from P'n'B's pet Yoons. You must try harder.