Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

a couple earning over £200k per annum living in a house worth more than £350k??? where did they get the cash to buy it? Also could only have been an outright purchase as I can't think of any other means to finance a flat purchase........dodgy as feck in my view......

Having a car worth nearly a quarter of the value of your house? That's usually the preserve of neighbourhood coke dealers

Just how long does it take (and with so much public money spent) to know of there is sufficient evidence to go to court or not?

Feels like this will be dragged out for another couple of years yet..its taking about as long as Man City's 115 charges.

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Just how long does it take (and with so much public money spent) to know of there is sufficient evidence to go to court or not?

Feels like this will be dragged out for another couple of years yet..its taking about as long as Man City's 115 charges.

The dark side clouds everything.  Impossible to see, the future is.

22 hours ago, Michael W said:

It's clearly within the means of two high earners to buy that car. Seems like Murrell has now sold it anyway. 

The question being looked at is whether Murrell/Sturgeon paid for it personally as you would expect, or if the SNP bought it for them. 

Yep, its not even remotely newsworthy that people who were earning what they were would run that car.

Also, the fact that they live in a modest house was a lifestyle choice (allowed them to have a holiday home and decent cars), and are far from the only childless couple to make that choice.

The only potential issue is the one in your 2nd sentence.

Aye but no one tries to sell a high end car to We Buy any Shit with finance on it dot com.

If that part of the story is true it stinks.

Particularly as in that period of time 2nd hand EVs were bringing huge amounts by being sold to reputable buyers.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Aye but no one tries to sell a high end car to We Buy any Shit with finance on it dot com.

If that part of the story is true it stinks.

Particularly as in that period of time 2nd hand EVs were bringing huge amounts by being sold to reputable buyers.

EVs depreciate like stones and the margins between trade and retail price are currently massive . That he seems to have been seen driving away from WBAC without doing a deal suggests to me he wasn't at all happy with their offer and that was probably after having had a similar experience at a couple of main dealers.

On 11/12/2023 at 11:16, orfc said:

That gross 240k will drop to well below half given their pension stuffing, SNP pay martyrdom (20% back to the public purse - still taxed in it?) and most if it sitting in the 42% tax band. Maybe they saved up or have paid off their mortgage. But generally dropping 90k on a car seems bloody mad considering you lose about 25% of a new car's value in the first 12 months.

Take a wander around any 1970s Wimpey / McTaggart & Mickel type estate in Scotland and just take a look at the cars parked in the drives. Round me (Wimpey 70s) BWW / Merc / Audi is just about the norm and there are umpteen Porsche, Jags, Lexus and the likes, some with 3+ cars in the household.  Some will be leased, some bought, no one knows.

Police will be looking into every single decent sized purchase either of them have made so it's hardly front page news they would be "investigating" their car purchases, I'd be surprised / disappointed if they weren't in this sort of investigation. 

On 11/12/2023 at 22:03, Jedi2 said:

As I've posted before the whole non story will be fired up again just before an election.

It's a typical tory/ring wing security services attempt to discredit, it's a well trodden path.

Fool's will believe it.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I've posted before the whole non story will be fired up again just before an election.

It's a typical tory/ring wing security services attempt to discredit, it's a well trodden path.

Fool's will believe it.

Despite what Sandy believes, what happened to the money ? Somebody knows !

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fool's will believe it.

The fools are the ones who don't believe it.

Otherwise they'd easily be able to explain the missing 'ring fenced' 600k and the police would leave them alone.

It's been just over nine months since Peter Murrel was arrested, since then nothing.

Police anti fraud squads trace laundered money worldwide on a daily basis, yet nothing announced on the £600,000??

The campervan story gets a wee mention from time to time but has ran out of interest so the tory right wing media have now concocted a criminal connection to the Jaguar car which was, BTW, on the driveway nine months ago

I have no doubt that the same media will run a story in a few months of who.paid for Nicolas kitchen.

The whole thing is pitiful but expected from a failing tory government and their press buddies.

Sunak lost £11 Billion through Covid Fraud.

31 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's been just over nine months since Peter Murrel was arrested, since then nothing.

Police anti fraud squads trace laundered money worldwide on a daily basis, yet nothing announced on the £600,000??

The campervan story gets a wee mention from time to time but has ran out of interest so the tory right wing media have now concocted a criminal connection to the Jaguar car which was, BTW, on the driveway nine months ago

I have no doubt that the same media will run a story in a few months of who.paid for Nicolas kitchen.

The whole thing is pitiful but expected from a failing tory government and their press buddies.

Sunak lost £11 Billion through Covid Fraud.

Nothing to see. All just a wicked conspiracy:lol:🤣:whistle

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Nothing to see. All just a wicked conspiracy:lol:🤣:whistle

I am not a conspiritist, never have been, but bear in mind that the tories vehemently opposed Devolution in any form and have been sniping at it since it's inception. SNP members like ourselves are very aware to what lengths the tories will go to to protect their precious little englander union and will resort to any underhandness to discredit the SNP.

On our marches you can see umpteen guys on pavements along our route with the long lenses fancy cameras, no phone cameras for them.

The print media is 95% tory owned and they continually run with little nasty anti SNP stories, it's known as Digital Disinformation and aims to discredit people, corporations and governments.

You'll know that the Russian Communists used it to great effect to create non persons as enemies of the state during the cold War and continue to use to this day by drip feeding the populace with lies to create distrust against what they see as anti government policy.

As I said I am not a conspiritist but don't you think for one minute you live in a country that is governed in fairness and honesty for the good of the people.

So what's your take on Sunak and his government losing £11 Billion of public money to fraud, should he be arrested or do you think that is Ok but that the SNP are guilty in losing £600000 membership money according to the Tories.

19 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I am not a conspiritist, never have been, but

Of course you aren't.

As I said I am not a conspiritist but

Nope, definitely not.

I am not a conspiritist, never have been, but bear in mind that the tories vehemently opposed Devolution in any form and have been sniping at it since it's inception. SNP members like ourselves are very aware to what lengths the tories will go to to protect their precious little englander union and will resort to any underhandness to discredit the SNP.

On our marches you can see umpteen guys on pavements along our route with the long lenses fancy cameras, no phone cameras for them.

The print media is 95% tory owned and they continually run with little nasty anti SNP stories, it's known as Digital Disinformation and aims to discredit people, corporations and governments.

You'll know that the Russian Communists used it to great effect to create non persons as enemies of the state during the cold War and continue to use to this day by drip feeding the populace with lies to create distrust against what they see as anti government policy.

As I said I am not a conspiritist but don't you think for one minute you live in a country that is governed in fairness and honesty for the good of the people.

So what's your take on Sunak and his government losing £11 Billion of public money to fraud, should he be arrested or do you think that is Ok but that the SNP are guilty in losing £600000 membership money according to the Tories.

I take it all back.

23 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I love Scotland and I love this particular  part of the country I have come back to. I have no problem with having a  democratically elected Scottish Nationalist  Party Government running the country.  I do expect the government to be competent,  to act in the interest of all the population, to be fair, honest and to act with integrity. The present SNP/Green coalition is largely incompetent and follows its own narrow agenda. As for honesty and integrity, the First Minister's pledge of transparency is a joke, a senior SNP member and Cabinet Minister tried shamelessly to stiff the  taxpayer, then lied about it to the public and colleagues, , then blamed his kids. The SNP are unable to manage their own funds and certainly are unable to provide proper management of public funds.

The First Minister has a bright idea - I will announce a Council tax freeze at the Party conference.  He forgot to inform any of his colleagues beforehand and didn't feel it necessary to consult those bodies affected by the decision. The stamp of firm and decisive Government or incompetence at the highest level - take your pick.