Jambos v Buddies 8th April

51 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think i'm right in saying he got one transfer window?

He used it to spend money (reportedly £300k!) on jayden Richardson and pursued a shayden morris, plus signed and gave the captaincy to Anthony Stewart. None of these players are good enough for the prem, never mind a transfer fee. 

One and a half transfer windows was quite enough. 

Anyway, great result for us with Hibs dropping 3 points to a 90th minute McGrath penalty. 

I'm on the other side of the world, so a bit behind with the news and whatever.  

Wonderful weekend of football.  I'm already looking forward to Hearts winning next weekend and securing us top 6 before we kick a ball at Aye-Broke next weekend. 

Hoping the idiots who were giving 'Top Six Tony' pelters only a few months ago are lining up to apologise...

2 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Anyway, great result for us with Hibs dropping 3 points to a 90th minute McGrath penalty. 

It’s clearly messing with your arithmetic. Enjoy your travels.

20 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Wonderful weekend of football.  I'm already looking forward to Hearts winning next weekend and securing us top 6 before we kick a ball at Aye-Broke next weekend. 

Hoping the idiots who were giving 'Top Six Tony' pelters only a few months ago are lining up to apologise...

Hoping for a draw in that game… and an away win at Ibrox.

41 minutes ago, Munoz said:

A draw in the Edinburgh derby coupled with a draw in the Livi v Fakes game is probably the best outcome for us. 

Secures a top 6 finish and keeps other teams close. 

I genuinely wouldn't put it past this Saints team to get a point at Ibrox next week.

League over, and now The The Rangers HAVE to win the Scottish cup, the upcoming semi final will be their focus.

Of course most of their players individually earn more than our whole squad, so even if they play a slightly weakened team, or they're playing at 80% to avoid injury, they'll still be formidable.

After all the outrage on radio and TV yesterday for the Snodgrass red card ("When there's a ridiculous decision like that why not have VAR for 2nd yellows?" says Michael Stewart).......

From a decent camera angle you can see the ref was absolutely right: Snodgrass didn't get the hall.

On 08/04/2023 at 12:10, Aylo vanal said:

Anyway, Hearts have been so shite recently. Zero bollocks on the ball and no aggression off it last week, big game for Neilson. Saints win imo and the loudest boos ever heard.

You were not wrong.

On 09/04/2023 at 00:29, Captain_Sensible said:

I’ve never understood why Hearts fans vent so much hatred towards Frank McGarvey for apparently not trying against Celtic in 1986

especially as Craig Levein lay in his bed that day and Kenny Black sat on the bench

If I were a Jambo I know where I’d be asking about commitment

To be fair, any Hearts fans still venting about that will be in their sixties by now. Folk that age do tend to hang onto the past more than is healthy.

The vast, vast majority of Hearts fans - including the non-mentals who were around at the time - never give it a second thought.

23 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think prospective managers ever care about what happened to the guy before them.

Last summer it would have been a perfectly reasonable approach for Hearts to thank Neilson for his work and move him on. The signs have been there the whole time, but whenever Hearts fans raised/raise this, it's all the mince about being entitled or 'careful what you wish for!!!!' etc.

Anyone who has watched Hearts regularly under Neilson and isn't his mate has been able to tell you what's wrong for a couple of years.

People kept saying 'HE GOT YOU TO A CUP FINAL!' as if they hadn't noticed he nearly lost the semi-final to ten-man Hibs by being a massive shitebag. A semi we won through two big moments from individual players rather than anything to do with tactics or shape or gameplan. Like I said last night, you can be blinded by bare results, or you can actually look at what's happening. Aberdeen under Goodwin in the autumn was a similar example. People kept saying 'THEY'RE THIRD', but it was obvious he was out his depth. Aberdeen acted once results turned, they were lucky it went wrong so early in a sense, and they're getting the benefit.

After the Aberdeen game was the time to act. Aberdeen played well that day, but it was also the day it became clear the Hearts players had chucked it under Neilson. He's alienated them the same way he has the fans, and it'll be interesting to one day find out how he did that.

This is the thing, of course. The only people who want(ed) to keep Neilson were his pals in the media and fans of other teams who haven't watched the sluggish, dismal, attritional horror of Hearts week in week out this season (and for reasonable swathes of the last two seasons too).

21 hours ago, Saint Shug said:

What’s a wee diddy team like St Mirren doing - 

A. Costing Hearts league titles. 
B. Beating Hearts in cup finals

C. Relegating Hearts

D. Getting Hearts managers sacked. 

E. Also beating Hearts in semi finals in 1987 & 2010. 

One cup final and 2 semi finals v Hearts in my years supporting wee St Mirren and we’ve won the lot

22 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

E. Also beating Hearts in semi finals in 1987 & 2010. 

One cup final and 2 semi finals v Hearts in my years supporting wee St Mirren and we’ve won the lot

I've been meaning to ask - is the 'wee diddy team' thing a reference to a quote from someone at Hearts about St Mirren that I've forgotten about?

Because we've generally been roughly about the same level for all of my near fifty years of watching Scottish football.