Jambos v Buddies 8th April

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. The only reason more isn't made of it is that we won. Four years on and it still makes my eye twitch. 

I know more mentally balanced folk than me will point out that Scottish refs aren't biased, they're just shite, but f**k that. Beaton wanted us relegated that day. c**t.

It was absolutely mental.  And the more the game wore on the more desperate he seemed to get.

I've not noticed him being show that level of partiality since; but how he and Ross missed those two penalties on Saturday takes a bit of explaining.

I'm still not feeling good about our chances tomorrow at all here.

Yes, we're solid at home and yes St Mirren can't usually handle the top 6 heat when it comes to the crunch, but I don't see alot of fight in our team compared to theirs, we're terrible at set pieces, we'll probably have Ross (🥲) Stewart in goal and St. Mirren are probably the perfect team coming to Tynecastle to exploit that.

9 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I'm still not feeling good about our chances tomorrow at all here.

Yes, we're solid at home and yes St Mirren can't usually handle the top 6 heat when it comes to the crunch, but I don't see alot of fight in our team compared to theirs, we're terrible at set pieces, we'll probably have Ross (🥲) Stewart in goal and St. Mirren are probably the perfect team coming to Tynecastle to exploit that.

Stewart is a worry, no question.

That said, we've won all our home games (apart from the OF) by an average score of roughly 3-0 since the World Cup.

My instinct is we'll be ok, but a slip up tomorrow and we're in bovver, as there's no way Aberdeen don't win tomorrow, and would you trust us to win at Hibs?

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Stewart is a worry, no question.

That said, we've won all our home games (apart from the OF) by an average score of roughly 3-0 since the World Cup.

My instinct is we'll be ok, but a slip up tomorrow and we're in bovver, as there's no way Aberdeen don't win tomorrow, and would you trust us to win at Hibs?

True, but there hasn't been as much of must win pressure since then as we've managed to get by.

Usually yes, but considering they're looking a bit better (Motherwell game not included) and we're not, I'm not so sure. Honestly the last two matches has kicked any of my remaining faith in us away from home.

18 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

My favourite was when he first pumped at the final whistle when our playoff game v United went to penalties. They then went on to miss every single penalty.

To this day I'm not sure if he assumed the away goal rule was going to be implemented or his team were really good at penalties. 

Only boyband Robbie knows. 

I've always assumed he thought they had won it on away goals. No way he was fist pumping not beating 10 men with the lottery of pens to come.

On 05/04/2023 at 23:00, Tony Wonder said:

You say that, he's pretty known to me. Absolutely minging in every game he's played bar 1. Sold goals to Brora, East Fife, Queen of the South,  Motherwell & St Johnstone.

He seems like a nice guy, is on peanuts by all accounts and is 3rd choice. But I'd sooner pick a youngster like Harry Stone.

Stone presumably on the bench, so we can only hope for an early injury to Stewart. He seems like a decent guy, and he's no Joel Pereira, but he's also playing at a level at least two leagues above his ability,

52 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Stone presumably on the bench, so we can only hope for an early injury to Stewart. He seems like a decent guy, and he's no Joel Pereira, but he's also playing at a level at least two leagues above his ability,

Thing is, how much better could you reasonably expect a third choice keeper to be? You have an embarrassment of riches in terms of your top 2, and have been incredibly unlucky to find yourselves in this situation. 

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thing is, how much better could you reasonably expect a third choice keeper to be? You have an embarrassment of riches in terms of your top 2, and have been incredibly unlucky to find yourselves in this situation. 

Aye, I doubt there's any team in the league other than the top two who have a third-choice keeper they'd actually be happy to play in a run of league games.

Just one of these things.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye, I doubt there's any team in the league other than the top two who have a third-choice keeper they'd actually be happy to play in a run of league games.

Just one of these things.

If St Mirren actually have a third choice keeper then I don't know who he is. I expect if one of our keepers get injured we are trying to find Bobby Zamal again to see if he fancies another emergency loan.

3 hours ago, GAD said:

If St Mirren actually have a third choice keeper then I don't know who he is. I expect if one of our keepers get injured we are trying to find Bobby Zamal again to see if he fancies another emergency loan.

Would probably be Langfield 😂. Has Samson not appeared on the bench for Aberdeen a couple of times this season?

If Hearts are as vulnerable as has been suggested, we need to start this one quickly. Play a similar half to last Saturday's first 45 and we'll give ourselves half a chance. 

Saints win 2-1.

Left the house at 9.30am to catch the 10am ferry then onto Paisley to catch the supporters bus for 1pm. Going to be a long day but hopefully a good day out. Gallagher back today  ?  Big Joe deserves a start after last week. Enjoy the game everyone. 

On 06/04/2023 at 09:36, Tony Wonder said:

The Haymarket bar itself does food and is usually a mix of fans with no bother. Kids have to be in the restaurant bit rather than the main bar, but not sure that's an issue if eating anyway. Platform 5 allows kids as well, but will be busy for the football so would need to get there early. If you're happy to go a bit closer to Tynie Pizzeria 1926 is good.

Is 1926 not shut?

Anyway, Hearts have been so shite recently. Zero bollocks on the ball and no aggression off it last week, big game for Neilson. Saints win imo and the loudest boos ever heard.

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

How do you read it? What shape? Is is 4-5-1?

Smith - Hill - Rowles - Kingsley

Forrest - Grant - Devlin - Snodgrass - Halliday

Shankland

Either that or back three and Halliday lwb with Forrest in behind Shankland.

It's more the Ross Stewart and his 100% loss record in goals, and worse Hill in ahead of Sibbick.