Dundee V Raith Rovers

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Raith fans. :lol:

You lads have had a depleted squad every time we've faced you this season.

You'll field 11 players in their correct positions and probably have about 3 outfield players on the bench and more than give us a game - just like last time.

Specifically, who are you lads definitely without for the game tomorrow?

We've had no update since Saturday but assuming there is no change from then we are looking at a back 4 consisting of two left backs, a centre back and a midfielder, and a midfield full of number 10s and wide players. Up front we'll have a headless chicken. 

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We've had no update since Saturday but assuming there is no change from then we are looking at a back 4 consisting of two left backs, a centre back and a midfielder, and a midfield full of number 10s and wide players. Up front we'll have a headless chicken. 

James McPake used to have a full selection and still pick the above.

It looks very much like our defence will be our second choice left back, our third choice left back, our second best (of two) central defender and our only defensive midfielder. 

I don't think anyone cares about this enough to be offering up the above as excuses, more just a statement of fact. 

To be fair, last time we were at Dens we only had two outfield subs and had to use one of them after about half an hour, but this isn't a semi-final. This is one team with everything to play for, and another just trying to make it to full time without being carted off. 

The masochist in me was considering going up for this, but I'm not spending £24 to get into a (for us) dead rubber. Once the time lines are out, however, I might put down that amount on Dundee -3. 

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It looks very much like our defence will be our second choice left back, our third choice left back, our second best (of two) central defender and our only defensive midfielder. 

I don't think anyone cares about this enough to be offering up the above as excuses, more just a statement of fact. 

To be fair, last time we were at Dens we only had two outfield subs and had to use one of them after about half an hour, but this isn't a semi-final. This is one team with everything to play for, and another just trying to make it to full time without being carted off. 

The masochist in me was considering going up for this, but I'm not spending £24 to get into a (for us) dead rubber. Once the time lines are out, however, I might put down that amount on Dundee -3. 

Get tickets for the Morten game too and have another "away day". £15 each with the deal.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Specifically, who are you lads definitely without for the game tomorrow?

Gullan and Matthews are out.

Millen was injured for Saturday and had to be withdrawn during the game, likely out. Lang is likely out with a hammy. Gonçalves had to be carried off at the end of Saturday’s match with a knee issue, likely out.

Spencer missed with back issues, Brown is fighting something, Masson diddled his ankle a week ago, Dick got hurt last week too,  McGill missed due to unspecified illness, all of them are who the f**k knows.

Oh, and McNeil hasn’t been seen near a bench in months with an undisclosed issue.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Millen was injured for Saturday and had to be withdrawn during the game, likely out. Lang is likely out with a hammy. Gonçalves had to be carried off at the end of Saturday’s match with a knee issue, likely out.

Spencer missed with back issues, Brown is fighting something, Masson diddled his ankle a week ago, Dick got hurt last week too,  McGill missed due to unspecified illness, all of them are who the f**k knows.

Oh, and McNeil hasn’t been seen near a bench in months with an undisclosed issue.

Ah, so your claims of a 7 0 pumping ahead are down to 'likelys' and a 'f**k Knows' over your players fitness.

Reliable as always from the Fife morons.

Either way, we should be looking to take the three points if we harbour any ambitions of limping across the league finishing line.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Spencer and Millen are 50/50 for tonight and McGill is fit. The rest are all out.

Not sure McNeil is injured, he's just 3rd choice goalkeeper. He was named as a sub for the cup final though.

13 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Can’t get to Dens tomorrow as I’m away. Does anyone know if this is on Dee TV in the U.K.? Thanks. 

Dundee just released a tweet to say that the match is available PPV £12.50 and available to everyone to watch.

I'll chance streaming it with IPTV I think.

Difference between this game and the others this season is that Rovers have zero to play for, and we saw on Saturday how a depleted Rovers squad with nothing to play for will perform.  

It may not be a particularly embarrassing score line, but a comfortable Dundee win for sure.

Edited by CALDERON

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'll chance it with IPTV I think.

Difference between this game and the others this season is that Rovers have zero to play for, and we saw on Saturday how a depleted Rovers squad with nothing to play for will perform.  

It may not be a particularly embarrassing score line, but a comfortable Dundee win for sure.

We'll happily take a 1-0 win with a 97th minute penalty rebound off your keeper's arse.  

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We'll happily take a 1-0 win with a 97th minute penalty rebound off your keeper's arse.  

A 97th minute penalty for Dundee with the score at 0-0 would create a bit of a dilemma for Rovers.

Do we stick with Jamie MacDonald who's saved the last two penalties he's faced, or do we go we bring Robbie Thomson off the bench for a wee bit of verbal shitstirring?

11 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

A 97th minute penalty for Dundee with the score at 0-0 would create a bit of a dilemma for Rovers.

Do we stick with Jamie MacDonald who's saved the last two penalties he's faced, or do we go we bring Robbie Thomson off the bench for a wee bit of verbal shitstirring?

One of them will already be playing in midfield anyway after another injury by then, so whoever the other one is will do.

13 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Which one has the bigger arse?