Dundee V Raith Rovers

36 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Rovers are done for the season. Easy three points for every opponent for the last five games.

Sakes! Can they at least turn up for the last game. I might go to that. Don’t want them ruining my Friday night out.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Fifa Laws of the game states under Law 3...

Number of Players
A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than eleven 
players, one of whom is the goalkeeper. A match may not start if either team 
consists of fewer than seven players.

Which is irrelevant with regard to local rules. There was, during COVID, a series of delays for teams that couldn’t field 12 outfield players, I simply am not sure if that continues…I doubt it, but you never know since the SFA/SPFL is transparent as f**k with some of their rules.

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

There's always the option of registering goalkeepers as outfielders and unretiring your coaching staff, like we were made to do last season.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/farcical-dundee-bench-consists-assistant-25788506.amp

Aye, that’ll be Ian Murray at CH and, what the hell, we’ll try Mickey Cameron at striker! Since our reserve keeper is also a coach, that doesn’t help that much.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Which is irrelevant with regard to local rules. There was, during COVID, a series of delays for teams that couldn’t field 12 outfield players, I simply am not sure if that continues…I doubt it, but you never know since the SFA/SPFL is transparent as f**k with some of their rules.

Aye, that’ll be Ian Murray at CH and, what the hell, we’ll try Mickey Cameron at striker! Since our reserve keeper is also a coach, that doesn’t help that much.

Should have kept Goodwillie. 

This feels very similiar to the Challenge Cup Semi where we barely had a team available and Dundee really should have been 5 or 6 up before we came back to win. I don't see history repeating itself so it should be a very easy night for the home team.

2 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Were Raith not short of players in the cup game ? And they still managed to win , Tuesday night is no Gimme 

5 of those starters are possibly out for this match, four are regular starters, plus we’ll likely have a loanee LB playing RB in place of the reserve CH we had a RB for that match. Hummmmmm, you know, we might just win this one….

Three points a must after Saturday (4 from 6 were needed, IMO). I'm not counting any chickens though. Raith have caused us a few problems already this season.

The lack of confidence amongst their fans on here is also deeply concerning. 

7 hours ago, Girth said:

3-0 Dees (Pennsylvanian Pirlo x3)

Never seen a footballer look so confused when about 4 Dundee fans started singing “there’s only one Pierre” at him while he was warming up. 

19 minutes ago, K.T said:

The news is talking about 60mph winds and rain tomorrow. Is this likely to be anywhere near Dundee and put this game at risk?

Ffs don't mention the wind!

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Raith fans. :lol:

You lads have had a depleted squad every time we've faced you this season.

You'll field 11 players in their correct positions and probably have about 3 outfield players on the bench and more than give us a game - just like last time.

Specifically, who are you lads definitely without for the game tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You'll field 11 players in their correct positions and probably have about 3 outfield players on the bench and more than give us a game - just like last time.

I remember this tactic, the DAB's were particularly fond of it 'boo-hoo everyones injured, we don't have a team'.

Kick off comes around, and every c***s fully fit performing miracles.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dick, Spencer, Matthews, Gullan, Lang, McGill and Masson were all missing on Saturday (some of them long term). In addition, Millen and Goncalves went off injured.

Edited by Beachbum