Dunfermline v Queens

16 hours ago, Socks said:

Thanks to the Queens fans who applauded the Pars team for winning the leauge at full time. Nice thing to do after seeing your team getting beat 5-0 and something that generally does happen as long as it's not a direct rival. I like the tribal element of being a football fan, but I also like that most clubs and fans are happy to give that respect to each other when another club wins a league.

I saw some of them appauding Pars goals too. Shows a bit of class to do that when your team are on the wrong end of heavy defeat. 

Good to see you posting on here.  I don't have an account for .net but your post match views are always a good read.

Been critical of McCann but he's unstopable when he's on form. He looks better in a wider role than being a target man.Can be very wasteful with chances but hopefully he will improve in a similar way Matty Todd has this season.

Edited by Chubbychops

Goal 1 - I posted it yesterday too but leaving two men to take a corner with just Connor Murray out there is criminally bad. It means KRH can waltz into the edge of the penalty area unchallenged to take his shot. I thought yesterday that someone (must have been Wighton) flicked it past Dabrowski but presumably he doesn't as he's not claimed it. In which case it's a bad goalkeeping error too.

Penalty incident isn't in the highlights. Pity, I'd have liked to have seen it again.

Goal 2 - When we were enjoying a 10 mins or so on top, Todd's cross into the box when we've got 6 men in or on the edge of the box is bad and we're in trouble then but on seeing it again East really should deal with the ball forward and not allow McCann to get the cross in. Connor Murray's no defender either but he never gets into position to mark the scorer either despite chasing back with him.

Goal 3 - we again have too many men forward but at 2-0 down that's understandable I guess. McKay plays McCann onside by being 5 yards deeper than everyone else and then Dabrowski is potentially unlucky, potentially at fault for getting a hand to the ball but not stopping it dribbling over the line.

Goal 4 - just one of those things when it's not your day. ball takes a crazy deflection up and over Dabrowski and then Brydon's off balance and potentially fouled by Wighton who shoves him out of the way so he can run onto it. Contrary to @DA Baracus above, I don't think there's an awful lot Brydon can do about it. McCann ties Wilson in knots in the build up too.

Wilson's really unlucky with the one that hits the post. Looks like it has to go in running along the line but doesn't.

Goal 5 - Pars unlucky not to score with the original shot but Hendrie's got to do more to stop O'Hara nodding the rebound in if he's going to play him onside in the first place.

Dabrowski may some complicity in the 1st and 3rd goals but he's magnificent to stop the 6th with the first tip onto the post and then a miracle block on Edwards.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Been critical of McCann but he's unstopable when he's on form. He looks better in a wider role than being a target man.Can be very wasteful with chances but hopefully he will improve in a similar way Matty Todd has this season.

Waiting for it to click with McCann like it has with Todd, if it does he'll be some pler.