Dunfermline v Queens

Great performance, brilliant result. Delighted for wee Kane getting his goal too. As soon as Wighton indicated it was his goal, he was straight to the NW. Some boy.

Also, I don’t know what’s happened, but last few games, Lewis McCann has been unplayable.

Well done Pars, deserved champs by a mile. 👏

Think you got what some of you prayed for though, a team that had a go (esp second half), but christ we were so open at the back, could have been more. We got what we deserved from that, zip.

The wee winger KRH was a handful, is he still on the books for the Govan mob? Big Benedictus was imperious at the back, strolled it against our mob.

Felt a bit sorry for Wilson, Paton and Cochrane who put in decent shifts. But just confirms what we knew - a rebuild is needed for next season.

Alloa winning today plus that hammering basically ends our season. Off to the beach now lads. 🏖️🪣🩳

Matty Todd wasted those beers in front on the NW. They were empty after he stopped bouncing!

Think Christ Hamilton was pished by the time he came back out the dressing room.

Was worried for a second that we were going to have sing a song for every player at the end.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Well done Pars, deserved champs by a mile. 👏

Think you got what some of you prayed for though, a team that had a go (esp second half), but christ we were so open at the back, could have been more. We got what we deserved from that, zip.

The wee winger KRH was a handful, is he still on the books for the Govan mob? Big Benedictus was imperious at the back, strolled it against our mob.

Felt a bit sorry for Wilson, Paton and Cochrane who put in decent shifts. But just confirms what we knew - a rebuild is needed for next season.

Alloa winning today plus that hammering basically ends our season. Off to the beach now lads. 🏖️🪣🩳

Yeah. I said earlier in the week that if you had a go and tried to attack, we’d score goals. I thought Queens were alright going forward -  Wilson had a great shot that hit the post and seemed to go almost right along the line. Paton had a good chance in the second half too, which ended up straight at Mehmet. But defensively, you couldn’t cope with the movement of Todd, KRH and McCann. 

KRH is brilliant to watch. Unfortunately, he’s still contracted to Rangers, but he is out of contract in the summer, as it stands.

Yeah, Dunfermline are miles ahead of us and, as they sang, "thats why they're champions".

I thought they were good 1st half but 2-0 was a bit harsh. It looked a strong penalty claim at 1-0 & the 5 or 6 mins before the 2nd goal was our best of the game. The two goals were cheap though. I'd need to see the first again to see how it got in but either way we switched off at a corner and left Connor Murray facing two on his own and then they walked unchallenged into the box. 2nd came from us over-committing into their box and Todd's awful cross seeing them break superbly. We were a defender short.

Understandable that Marvin then rolled the dice, put on an extra attacker, took off a defender and went to a four. We had little to lose but it certainly didnt work. We need to be in a five with that group and Dunfermline ran rings round us. We did have a couple of good efforts, most notably Wilson hitting the post, and there was some fortune in all three of the 2nd half goals, but frankly Dunfermline were miles ahead and deserved their win. The score doesnt matter, we're not catching anyone on GD. The kick in the teeth wasnt any of the Pars second half goals, it was Connor Sammon's a few miles up the road. 

Well done Dunfermline. Thoroughly deserved champions and Craig Wighton was the outstanding player on show so sponsors got that right. Enjoy your night. Some good people at the Pars, pleased for them and happy we almost certainly wont be facing them next year. 

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

👀

Screenshot_20230415-185642.png

Said it months ago that it'd be a good fit for him tbh. He needs a decent spell in the Championship before going further I reckon and Pars would be a good side to do it with. Not expected to be promoted but in reality they should be right up there. He said in an interview the other day about how he likes/loves (can't mind which) playing at EEP as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he rocks up at Dunfermline next season/it's announced he's signed a pre-contract once we're 'officially' out the race. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Thanks to the Queens fans who applauded the Pars team for winning the leauge at full time. Nice thing to do after seeing your team getting beat 5-0 and something that generally does happen as long as it's not a direct rival. I like the tribal element of being a football fan, but I also like that most clubs and fans are happy to give that respect to each other when another club wins a league.

20 minutes ago, Socks said:

Thanks to the Queens fans who applauded the Pars team for winning the leauge at full time. Nice thing to do after seeing your team getting beat 5-0 and something that generally does happen as long as it's not a direct rival. I like the tribal element of being a football fan, but I also like that most clubs and fans are happy to give that respect to each other when another club wins a league.

There were a fair number of Dunfermline fans sitting amongst the Queens fans. May have been them you saw? 

I happily congratulate you and mean it sincerely (& said so in the previous post) but I powdered at full time since you lot were all inside and the roads were quiet. In house in Dumfries by 6:30 🙂

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Iain Wilson was absolutely determined to score today. He scored last season at East End with a shot from the edge of the box. Unsure if Mehmet was in goal for that one but Mehmet in general sometimes struggles with those sort of shots. Wilson had a few efforts, none more close than when he hit the inside of the post.

Like him as a player and was really annoyed Hughes punted him.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Iain Wilson was absolutely determined to score today. He scored last season at East End with a shot from the edge of the box. Unsure if Mehmet was in goal for that one but Mehmet in general sometimes struggles with those sort of shots. Wilson had a few efforts, none more close than when he hit the inside of the post.

Like him as a player and was really annoyed Hughes punted him.

Yes Wilson was another one that Hughes thought he knew better with. Moron.

Congratulations to Dunfermline, worthy Champions. Handed us our arses on a plate today. Think we mustered 2 shots off target, plus Wilson effort off the post and Paton's shot straight at the keeper, hardly much there to put a positive spin on. Just confirms my hopes  of getting a few more of this squad out the door. What a gutless way to end our good wee unbeaten run.