Dunfermline v Queens

Think I say this every game but this really is a very difficult game .

Think if we can get out with a draw it would be a good result. 

We can't play as open as the Alloa game would bring in Cochrane for Connelly .

Can’t see Dunfermline winning their next 2 games, been pretty poor this season and I’m sure we’ll do a number on them next week. They’ll lose midweek and expect to win the league against us, not a chance, I’d even go as far as saying they’re on par with us this season. 3-0 queens 

1 minute ago, Dudleyghu said:

Can’t see Dunfermline winning their next 2 games, been pretty poor this season and I’m sure we’ll do a number on them next week. They’ll lose midweek and expect to win the league against us, not a chance, I’d even go as far as saying they’re on par with us this season. 3-0 queens 

Good bait, someone will definitely bite. 

Anyway, as mentioned we've got a game before this. 

4 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Park this thread until after Tuesday please 😉

Greenacres just can't help himself piling in to start a thread, and it's the same drivel in every one. He was beaten to the Alloa game thread so getting in early this time. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

25 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Park this thread until after Tuesday please 😉

I doubt Tuesday will have any bearing on how this goes tbh. Even if Dunfermline win the league before this game I doubt they'll approach this one any differently. 

For us a point is a great result. Of all the games left this is the one I had earmarked as a defeat so depending on other results it doesn't necessarily mean our season is over if we lose. A win would be massive though and hopefully a draw at least to keep our own run going. 

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I doubt Tuesday will have any bearing on how this goes tbh. Even if Dunfermline win the league before this game I doubt they'll approach this one any differently.

Of course they'll approach it differently. I for one hope they win it Tuesday.

@the_palmy_pie I blame you for not starting this thread coherently.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Of course they'll approach it differently. I for one hope they win it Tuesday.

@the_palmy_pie I blame you for not starting this thread coherently.

I don't think they will. If Dunfermline have the title wrapped up by Saturday I won't be expecting an easier game as a result. There's no way McPake will take the foot off the pedal with a club record to be beaten/set. 

Either way Saturday's game won't be easy.

If the title is won on Tuesday, neither McPake nor the Pars players will be openly talking about taking the foot off the gas on Saturday - but it's more likely to be a subconscious, psychological slight backing off from full throttle ... if it happens.

I think we won up at Falkirk on the last game of a season in kinda similar circumstances a good few years back, and no one gave us a chance then either. Steve Bowey winner was it?

46 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Either way Saturday's game won't be easy.

If the title is won on Tuesday, neither McPake nor the Pars players will be openly talking about taking the foot off the gas on Saturday - but it's more likely to be a subconscious, psychological slight backing off from full throttle ... if it happens.

I think we won up at Falkirk on the last game of a season in kinda similar circumstances a good few years back, and no one gave us a chance then either. Steve Bowey winner was it?

The wheelbarrow game?

6 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

The wheelbarrow game?

I'm sure McNiven and English scored in that game. Ellis with the opener for Falkirk. Falkirk had the league won by then of course. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think they will. If Dunfermline have the title wrapped up by Saturday I won't be expecting an easier game as a result. There's no way McPake will take the foot off the pedal with a club record to be beaten/set. 

Well I will. Its only natural. These 'McPake wont allow it' assertions arent worth the time it takes to read them. 

Maybe they'll be brilliant anyway but given a straight choice I'd rather they clinch it Tuesday.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well I will. Its only natural. These 'McPake wont allow it' assertions arent worth the time it takes to read them. 

Maybe they'll be brilliant anyway but given a straight choice I'd rather they clinch it Tuesday.

I think Dunfermline haven't played quite as well at home going by previous comments on here. Combine that with them not clinching it on Tuesday you could argue there will be more pressure on them on Saturday which may not work in their favour, I suppose. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think Dunfermline haven't played quite as well at home going by previous comments on here. Combine that with them not clinching it on Tuesday you could argue there will be more pressure on them on Saturday which may not work in their favour, I suppose. 

Depends how you set up. If you sit deep and have no intention of attacking, we’ve been struggling to break teams down recently. But we also haven’t had Matty Todd for the last 2 home games, who has been crucial in breaking teams down all season.

As for the other comments about McPake not allowing us to ease off, it may not be intentional. There’s a good chance that, once the title is secured, we will lose a couple of games. There won’t be the same intensity/desire once there’s no ‘need’ to win. But then, there’s also the argument that less pressure lets them play with more freedom, which may see us score more goals.

43 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Depends how you set up. If you sit deep and have no intention of attacking, we’ve been struggling to break teams down recently. But we also haven’t had Matty Todd for the last 2 home games, who has been crucial in breaking teams down all season.

As for the other comments about McPake not allowing us to ease off, it may not be intentional. There’s a good chance that, once the title is secured, we will lose a couple of games. There won’t be the same intensity/desire once there’s no ‘need’ to win. But then, there’s also the argument that less pressure lets them play with more freedom, which may see us score more goals.

I doubt MB will have us set up not to lose tbh. He seems to have chose his system and is sticking with it. A draw would be a very good result for us but going by how he's approached games and how he speaks, I expect he'll be looking for 3. 

If we do win it tomorrow I think you’ll face just as tough a Pars team as you will if we don’t win it. McPake will 100% want to keep our unbeaten run going, break club records etc, the goalie also has equalled or beat a shut out record set by Ian Westwater in the 90’s so he’ll want that to continue.

We’ll probably give some fringe players, even some of the academy boys who’ve been in and around the squad a game, but that’ll come towards the end of the season I think. Also, if we’ve got it won, the pressure might be off and we might play better. 

Would actually like to see you guys come up via the playoffs, enjoy a wee trip to Dumfries! 

46 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would actually like to see you guys come up via the playoffs, enjoy a wee trip to Dumfries! 

This. 

I've had a love hate relationship with QoTS over the years. Paul Burns annoyed me, the Rangers vote was outstandingly poor banter, however they've got a cracking set of posters on here (Potentially the best) and when I lived in Newcastle I really enjoyed the trips through to Dumfries, lovely town, nice stadium. If we have the title wrapped up on Tuesday, and a win at EEP leads to QoTS dumping Falkirk out the playoffs we'll call it quits over Gavin Reilly. Firm handshakes all around. 

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mental that you can foresee the future on how a team will play against us all because they have a game beforehand. Hope MB is knocking on your door for more insight into the future. It’s like the greenacres guy who knows every clubs finances - YOU know how they’ll react and play a week before the game. Got any accumulator tips for today drifter man?