Next Hearts manager

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What's for the dinner tonight?

I was going to say a moderator's arsehole... but that didn't quite have the impact that I initially thought it might.

Other than MK Dons (no idea how he did with them really), I think Neilson has done a pretty good job with every club he's been at (Hearts twice and United).

Unfortunately for him, he's an unlikeable arsepiece that favours negative football so it never works out well for him long term. Certainly wouldn't describe his spells at Hearts or United as failures though.

11 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Write in vote for Mark McGhee

Just took a job at Motherwell.

Mark McGhee set for Motherwell top job as club finally find Alan Burrows replacement - Football Scotland

🤔

Oh, you mean that McGhee. I would love that to happen but can't see it unfortunately. 

Pressley would be the next best banter appointment.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I reckon Hearts should just keep swapping between Levein and Neilson for the next few decades.

Since I didn't get to react to it when it happened, think Neilson's sacking shows Scottish football's short-termism at its worst, even though I think he's a right p***k.

How he's been booted before Hibs sack that clown Lee Johnson is beyond me.

Overall he's done a decent job but third season, as with the last time he was here, the football has been getting worse rather than better, the signings made have made us weaker rather than stronger and his interactions with the media have hardened the fans against him.

Also like the last time the end of his reign has been characterised by increasingly chaotic defending and fall outs with players who he's suddenly taken against while his favourites play no matter how shite their form.

Hopefully this time whoever comes in won't be a DoF vanity project and we can quickly rebuild on what is still a, in places very, good squad and strong starting position rather than spunking loads of cash replacing everyone with guys not cut out for Scottish football

I hope Hearts fans appreciate that Aberdeen winning 5 in a row was the reason for getting rid of Neilson. European group stages money are making clubs act on sacking managers when they would have waited till end of the season. 

I presume Hearts will have the same issue as Aberdeen had and there is no-one decent available.