Rangers (2012-) v St. Mirren (1877-) 15/04/23

We really need to be switched on in our own penalty area tomorrow. Astonishingly St Mirren were awarded 3 penalties in a single match earlier this season. Another 2 were awarded to them in the first half of their recent match against Livi.

Their awarded penalty count of 8 so far this season is a massive 33% higher than the league average of 6.

Just stand off them in the box. Don’t give the referee an opportunity to give anything.

Just now, AJF said:

We really need to be switched on in our own penalty area tomorrow. Astonishingly St Mirren were awarded 3 penalties in a single match earlier this season. Another 2 were awarded to them in the first half of their recent match against Livi.

Their awarded penalty count of 8 so far this season is a massive 33% higher than the league average of 6.

Just stand off them in the box. Don’t give the referee an opportunity to give anything.

Irony...a metal like goldy or silvery.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

St. Mirren were the first team in British football (possibly world football) to score 3 penalties in one game.

Dave "Killer" Lindsay scoring all three in a match in 1904 vs.....Rangers (1872-2012)! Saints won 5-4.

Rangers also scored a penalty and missed another and apparently is the only match in Scottish league history in which 5 penalties were awarded (although CraigKillie might be able to confirm/refute that).

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Don’t worry, apparently it evens up over the season………………or so I’ve heard.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

Very true but you should take comfort in only having to be on watch when Saints get in the Rangers penalty area. As history shows with the VAR clown today, Saints run the risk of giving away a penalty for a foul made absolutely anywhere on the pitch.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

We have certainly benefited from our transition to massive establishment club this season.

We've even played our part in trying to keep the title race interesting by beating Celtic this season. Shame nobody else has fancied joining in.

Would fcuking love it if we won 0-1 thanks to a penalty awarded for a clear Curtis Main dive in the 90+2nd minute….…..

and in other news, today I will discover the cure for cancer, climb Mount Everest in my Y Fronts, and finally tell Kate Bryan fae’ the Portrait Artist of the Year shows that I am simply not interested in going out with her. Please stop texting me.

Edited by pozbaird

8 hours ago, AJF said:

What are the same stats for Rangers? I know you taking the piss but I am interested to find out anyway. 

17 hours ago, AJF said:

Haha, aye he will most likely start. Although this is the first time I’ve heard an opposition refer to that as worrying 😂

Fans sat either side of the goal should be more worried.

He ran the show at Ibrox against us, I know he's a bit raw/erratic in the games I've seen him. When he's on it he's really effective. 

If we were ever to get a win at Ibrox, today is probably our best chance with this current team added the hope (more than expectation) that Rangers just won't show up today. In all probability it will end up the same way nearly every other game at Ibrox has for us in a routine 3-0/4-0 home win without them breaking too much sweat.

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What are the same stats for Rangers? I know you taking the piss but I am interested to find out anyway. 

A penalty more than St Mirren I believe. So 12.5% more penalties than them, 50% more penalties than the league average.

36 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He ran the show at Ibrox against us, I know he's a bit raw/erratic in the games I've seen him. When he's on it he's really effective. 

If we were ever to get a win at Ibrox, today is probably our best chance with this current team added the hope (more than expectation) that Rangers just won't show up today. In all probability it will end up the same way nearly every other game at Ibrox has for us in a routine 3-0/4-0 home win without them breaking too much sweat.

He was the exact same against Hibs away. Unplayable at times and he is such an erratic player it’s hard to guess what he is going to do but those performances are few and far between.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've conceded 10 penalties, mind. Assuming Rangers are on roughly the same?

I’d have hoped the facetious nature of my post was evident and not to be taken seriously.

20 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We've conceded 10 penalties, mind. Assuming Rangers are on roughly the same?

Stop trying to get bites from celtic fans, it's not big or clever.