Rangers (2012-) v St. Mirren (1877-) 15/04/23

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Regardless of the final score today, this performance shows how far we have come since the start of the season.

Whilst I agree the defending has been poor at each of the goals. The second particularly was utterly criminal, we left both their strikers completely unmarked 10 yards from goal.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Whilst I agree the defending has been poor at each of the goals. The second particularly was utterly criminal, we left both their strikers completely unmarked 10 yards from goal.

The last ten minutes have been like how we played in the League Cup group.

One thing I will never get about Rangers fans is leaving early. Maybe it's just more noticeable than at other grounds. At 75 mins there were noticeable gaps, by the time the 5th went in the ground looked about 1/3 empty.

Maybe I'm just a tight b*****d but if I'm paying for a ticket I'm watching the full game.

Decent game. 

Cantwell is getting better and better. Superb assist at the end there. Happy to see Morelos get a few. Flabbergasted to see Matondo do something other than run the ball out of play. Arfield doing what he does, he must have some goals to minutes played ratio this season. 👏 

I wanted us to start some youngsters but glad we didn't otherwise that would have been a different outcome. 

All credit to St Mirren. That game was never a 5-2, good away support and looking a very impressive side for their constraints. 

With 78m gone Rangers were showing nothing. 

A miss hit header falls for Morelos, and a VAR intervention and 5 minutes later it’s all over.  

Happy with the performance though, and don’t see it affecting our morale.

Ahead of what was always looking like a big one against Killie next week, if someone offered me a win and a loss in games at Tynecastle and Sevco Park, I’d have signed for it without a second’s thought. Roll on next week then.

20 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Decent game. 

Cantwell is getting better and better. Superb assist at the end there. Happy to see Morelos get a few. Flabbergasted to see Matondo do something other than run the ball out of play. Arfield doing what he does, he must have some goals to minutes played ratio this season. 👏 

I wanted us to start some youngsters but glad we didn't otherwise that would have been a different outcome. 

All credit to St Mirren. That game was never a 5-2, good away support and looking a very impressive side for their constraints. 

Aye, fair summary. St Mirren were good today barring the final 15 minutes or so.

I wish O’Hara would f**k off though. Seems to enjoy the odd goal against us. Two very good strikes.

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

If its any consolation, which probably doesn't feel like it right now, O'Haras second has to be a strong contender for goal of the season.

Both goals were pretty decent to be honest 

Our defending was chronic,  I really wish that we'd kept Balogun. Davies was starting to look ok alongside Goldson but no wonder he was subbed today.

I thought that this going to be one of those games where we go full banter mode,  especially when combined with a St Mirren side who looked really dangerous when they broke forward.  I thought that at 2 - 2 St Mirren looked unsure of whether to stick or go for it and our bench made the difference.  

Nice seeing Alfie getting a couple of goals and even Matondo getting an assist. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Our defending was chronic,  I really wish that we'd kept Balogun. Davies was starting to look ok alongside Goldson but no wonder he was subbed today.

I thought that this going to be one of those games where we go full banter mode,  especially when combined with a St Mirren side who looked really dangerous when they broke forward.  I thought that at 2 - 2 St Mirren looked unsure of whether to stick or go for it and our bench made the difference.  

Nice seeing Alfie getting a couple of goals and even Matondo getting an assist. 

Davies had been getting better and I actually thought he did well in the OF up until the crucial part where he shat it but today he looked nervy and uncomposed. Undoubtedly looks like a low confidence player right now. 

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

With 78m gone Rangers were showing nothing. 

A miss hit header falls for Morelos, and a VAR intervention and 5 minutes later it’s all over.  

Happy with the performance though, and don’t see it affecting our morale.

Is the 78 minutes or 78 million??