Kilmarnock v Celtic 16 April

Strange game yesterday. Celtic came outta the traps like a Usain Bolt on speed, just wave after wave getting lots of joy from gaps everywhere on the plastic pitch. 

As Killie eventually caught their breath in the second half and decided on helping each other the game came to a shuddering walking pace. Lots of changes and slack passing halted Celtic’s charge. 

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

The number of Celtic fans losing their shit on Twitter about Killie not filling all the empty seats with more Celtic fans is astounding.

Self-entitled arseholes, whose only argument is "money".

If Killie don’t want to take £30 a skull to fill the empty seats that’s their prerogative, they still gave us 4000 tickets which is more than many do

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If Killie don’t want to take £30 a skull to fill the empty seats that’s their prerogative, they still gave us 4000 tickets which is more than many do

A fairly unique POV among Celtic fans. Pity there aren’t more like you.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

A fairly unique POV among Celtic fans. Pity there aren’t more like you.

Don’t get me wrong it would be great to see the home stands more full. If the tickets aren’t being sold then it would be great to see them donated to schools, local football teams etc to try create fans of the future, they may do this already for all I know  and if they do then I applaud that, principles even in football are important 👍

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Don’t get me wrong it would be great to see the home stands more full. If the tickets aren’t being sold then it would be great to see them donated to schools, local football teams etc to try create fans of the future, they may do this already for all I know  and if they do then I applaud that, principles even in football are important .

Killie do give out tickets to schools and boys club every game as far as I know.

I am more than happy for us to give Celtic and Rangers fans only 1 stand for a number of reasons and doing so definitely impacts us financially but to me in the longer term it's a price worth paying. 

Prior to Steve Clarke taking over we would be lucky if we had about 2,000 home fans at games involving Celtic and Rangers for 2 reasons - first we usually lost, often never bothered turning up, and secondly, IMO, because it was not a nice/pleasant experience having to walk amongst these opposition fans before and after the game. 

Killie have since made the Moffat Stand a family stand and put on activities for children underneath the stand before the game (I think the Killie Trust help out with organising this).  It's an excellent initiative and has brought more families to Killie games.  We even sold family season tickets prior to this change which did not include games against Rangers or Celtic, which was ridiculous IMO. 

The added bonus is that in the main we can walk into the ground and out the ground without having to walk next to old firm fans, which to me is a massive plus.   In an ideal world I would not sell any tickets to Rangers or Celtic fans, but rules state this is not allowed. 

I feel kind of guilty saying some of the above as you seen quite a decent person, but I hope Kilmarnock continue with the current policy.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If Celtic and Sevco fans still don't get why home attendances usually go down when they play away games then they're never going to get it.

Exactly, and the SFA & SPFL don't want to address the elephant in the room.    

The fewer old firm fans in attendance at another team's home matches against either cheek will mean more home fans attending. 

I did take my children to games against them when they were young on a point of principal, as I wasn't prepared to back down to them, but there are some times I did regret it, especially the season Celtic lost out to Rangers, just after losing the UEFA Cup Final - that was horrific. 

Sadly we'll still be talking about the same unaddressed issues in another 20 years time, although I might not be here to see it. 😀😀

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Curious as to who these teams were, I found his experience against Premier League teams consists of two appearances off the bench against Everton.

Went researching him 😂 absolute raging  

AFB7FFD0-70EB-4B1E-B212-2D7087C80CF4.gif

On 17/04/2023 at 20:28, Jinky67 said:

Don’t get me wrong it would be great to see the home stands more full. If the tickets aren’t being sold then it would be great to see them donated to schools, local football teams etc to try create fans of the future, they may do this already for all I know  and if they do then I applaud that, principles even in football are important 👍

People dont take their children to games against Celtic/Rangers. Its been explained multiple times on this forum to Celtic/Rangers fans that clubs lose home fans for these games and the biggest chunk of that is U12s.

When will it ever sink in that your absolutely fucking grotesque fanbases, who regularly abuse people inside and out the ground, are a major reason that kids arent going to games in this country?

We make U12s free and still cant attract many to games against you lot.

Edited by RandomGuy.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

Curious as to who these teams were, I found his experience against Premier League teams consists of two appearances off the bench against Everton.

😂 

The toffees history in cup tournaments  has been utterly shambolic since 1995.

Does this guy do stand-up? 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

People dont take their children to games against Celtic/Rangers. Its been explained multiple times on this forum to Celtic/Rangers fans that clubs lose home fans for these games and the biggest chunk of that is U12s.

When will it ever sink in that your absolutely fucking grotesque fanbases, who regularly abuse people inside and out the ground, are a major reason that kids arent going to games in this country?

Excellent post explaining as I said what is the elephant in the room that the SFA, SPFL, Rangers, Celtic and the Police are not prepared to address. 

I'm in my sixties and I can guarantee this same issue will still exist long past my time watching Scottish football as no one will address it because of the backlash they will get from the scum element of both fan bases. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe it escaped you but i actually wasn’t having a go at Killie in any way, shape or form, very much the opposite actually so you can wind that neck back in a little 

Edited by Jinky67

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Maybe it escaped you but i actually wasn’t having a go at Killie in any way, shape or form, very much the opposite actually so you can wind that neck back in a little 

Nah this patronising "maybe you should sell empty tickets to kids" pish is just typical OF fan shite when theyre trying to "help" other clubs.

The main reason you see empty seats at home games v Celtic is because folk dont want to expose their kids to your fanbase. 

The most significant way to get higher crowds, especially of younger fans, for these clubs would be to ban Celtic/Rangers fans from attending.

On 17/04/2023 at 20:28, Jinky67 said:

Don’t get me wrong it would be great to see the home stands more full. 

I’m sure there are a few clubs the same but if you look at the 3 home ends they were quieter (based on my 2 eyed guesstimation) than they would be for home games against Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell etc.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure there are a few clubs the same but if you look at the 3 home ends they were quieter (based on my 2 eyed guesstimation) than they would be for home games against Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell etc.

See this has already been covered by a better post.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Edited by Sortmeout