East Fife vs Stranraer

27 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ooft

Even Sheps scored! :lol:

Twice!!!

and equaled his Forfar scoring record in half the amount of games, still nothing to shout about though!!!

13 minutes ago, troy said:

Is Trouten playing next week then?

If he does Pagey and #PatSlat should be banging on the managers door!!!

Where to begin. Stranraer were a very poor outfit, made even look worse by the likes of McManus and Ferguson bossing the midfield and creating chance after chance in the first half.  McManus once again strolled thru this game giving the Manager a difficult but very pleasant decision next week when selecting the team with Trouten back again in contention. After EF going ahead thanks to a shitey own goal from Watt and then missing chance after chance, I thought  this was a game where Stranraer could come back and cause a surprise but 2 situations just before half time put the game to bed. The well worked 2nd goal from MOTM Ferguson and the red card for Robertson put paid to any revival from Stranraer. 

Second half, one way traffic, with an unfortunate own goal from Scullion where the ball hit his back and rebounded into the net. This was a display that EF have threatened to give on certain occasions all season and now came true. It could/should have been 5 or 6 nil at the break with a bit more composure and luck in front of the goal but all came good in the second half.

As previously said, Stranraer offered nothing, had a depleted squad, with only 4 players on the bench with no substitute goalie, not the Scullion was at fault for any goal. One of their subs was even used a sub for a prior substitute.

All in all , a very deserved victory  with results elsewhere going our way. Augurs well for next week, assuming the game won’t be postponed. 😄🥴

It's GGGGGGRRRRRR88888!

Got to echo much of what was previously said. What a change from last time at home to Stranraer, after that I was trying to find the relegation play off date for my diary & thankfully didn't post anything in my semi drunken state on here!

Today, we should've been about 4-0 up at half-time, I thought with Scullion's kicks bearly reaching the halfway line, there must be a stronger wind than it looked, that along with our profligacy in front of goal, I thought it may come back to bite us. When the sending off happened, everything changed, & I felt we'd go on to win this about 5-0!

Second half Aaron Brown, who I felt looked a decent player last time around went off injured after an industrial tackle by Murdoch & if they had a sub keeper, might have replaced Scullion, who appeared hurt after his unfortunate og. What with other results going our way, everything really fell into place today. Thanks Cosmic Joe for answering the question, I could remember a couple of 7-0s.

Fair play to the Stranraer fans who made that long treck, everything that could've went wrong did for you guys.

If Carlsberg did home games....