How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

And we would have done exactly the same. 
I wish we had done more of this shithousery at Ibrox last week when we got to 2-2. 

In fairness, I think the only player shithousing it from us on Saturday was Walker at goal kicks. Everyone else was genuinely hurt. 

2 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

In fairness, I think the only player shithousing it from us on Saturday was Walker at goal kicks. Everyone else was genuinely hurt. 

Aye. It’s no wonder the NHS is under pressure with all these injuries. 😢 

Sadly it’s part and parcel of the modern game. 

The number of stoppages in play for “play acting” and multiple substitutes bores me shitless at times. 

Well done on your victory. No hard feelings. 

I was in the main stand yesterday and had a very clear view of Baccus getting thrown to the ground in a head lock by one of the Kilmarnock players after the second goal which was quite bizarre. At the time I was actually surprised he was not cautioned or even sent off as it was right in front of the 4th official.

Did Sportscene show that incident?

Edited by Molotov

On 20/04/2023 at 12:36, funky monkey said:

Killie have got to burst our away day hoodoo at some point.

Games between us usually see the form book thrown out of the window.

Could go either way.

Well, well, there you go. The hoodoo distinguished just like that.

As controlled and dominant a performance as we could have hoped for.

That sending off though 😂.

My favourite part of the game yesterday (a low bar, granted) was seeing Ash Taylor down and clearly fucked with cramp and both teams deciding to play around him. There was no real expectation to stick the ball out from either side - even when Killie regained possession, Alan Power was away forward with it.

Power is one of those players I had no real love for in a Saints shirt. Loads of folk thought he was our best player in the first half of last season but I just wasn't seeing it. A guy who was reckless, his tackling wasn't great and his range of passing was poor but our supporters loved him.

Yesterday though was more like the Alan Power I remember at Killie first time around and the Power I hoped we were getting. He was superb.

Oh and top trolling bringing on Brad Lyons. Boy is one of the worst Saints midfielders I remember in the past 5 years so it raised a chuckle when I saw how comfortable Killie were to send him on for 20 mins.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Power was playing like he had a point to prove yesterday. It's no secret he was one of the players that was told he didn't have a future at the club pretty much as soon as Robinson came in last season. 

Fair play to him for putting in a shift like that at his age.

Power strolled through the game but that was down to our midfield just not getting stuck in. Gogic was supposed to be playing a similar role to Power but he was way off it yesterday. 

Did anyone else notice Armstrong constantly nipping in the ear of Small. He was winding him up. 

14 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Power strolled through the game but that was down to our midfield just not getting stuck in. Gogic was supposed to be playing a similar role to Power but he was way off it yesterday. 

Did anyone else notice Armstrong constantly nipping in the ear of Small. He was winding him up. 

Armstrong does stuff like that all the time. He’s a wee dick, but it works. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I was in the main stand yesterday and had a very clear view of Baccus getting thrown to the ground in a head lock by one of the Kilmarnock players after the second goal which was quite bizarre. At the time I was actually surprised he was not cautioned or even sent off as it was right in front of the 4th official.

No, they didn't even show the freekick right on the edge of the box.

I was wanting to see just how close it was to being a pen.

Not sure why they didn't show that?

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Power was playing like he had a point to prove yesterday. It's no secret he was one of the players that was told he didn't have a future at the club pretty much as soon as Robinson came in last season. 

Fair play to him for putting in a shift like that at his age.

Power was immense yesterday, and you could see how much the game meant to him.

Even with Killie 2-0 up and Saints down to 10 men, a decision went against him and he started screaming at Collum and throwing his arms about in a very visible rage.

On the match, Saints played the wrong game from the start in those conditions; and I think Armstrong's reputation scared our defenders witless.  His ability to ghost past players who get too close is superb; and we sat off him because of that - leading to him getting too much time to pick crosses.

Anyway, disappointing as yesterday was, top 6 is done.  Next game in 2 weeks, and we're in a 5 game head to head with Hibs where we need to take one more point than them to (hopefully) secure European football for first time in 36 years.

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

Aye. It’s no wonder the NHS is under pressure with all these injuries. 😢 

Sadly it’s part and parcel of the modern game. 

The number of stoppages in play for “play acting” and multiple substitutes bores me shitless at times. 

Well done on your victory. No hard feelings. 

Vassell and McKenzie both had to go off with their injuries, and Watson and Taylor were very clearly injuried and would have been subbed as well if we hadn't used all our opportunities by the time they picked up their knocks. Taylor in particular was hobbling around from the moment he came back on.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Vassell and McKenzie both had to go off with their injuries, and Watson and Taylor were very clearly injuried and would have been subbed as well if we hadn't used all our opportunities by the time they picked up their knocks. Taylor in particular was hobbling around from the moment he came back on.

You're being super naive if you believe that.

It's a fairly common time wasting tactic.  When you're making a sub anyway, the guy that's being subbed sits on the deck and gets treatment to eat up a bit more time.

Killie were actually wasting time from kick off, which surprised me. Made me think you'd have been happy with a point before KO.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

It's a fairly common time wasting tactic.  When you're making a sub anyway, the guy that's being subbed sits on the deck and gets treatment to eat up a bit more time.

Killie were actually wasting time from kick off, which surprised me. Made me think you'd have been happy with a point before KO.

The injuries to Vassell and McKenzie were both within about five minutes of our first sub, do you genuinely believe any manager would choose to make three seperate subs in the space of five minutes?

I don’t think Killie particularly ripped the pish with any timewasting tactics. They were solid, better organised, and handled the strong wind far better than us. Collum also had a decent game and kept his neb’ out of proceedings. Most unlike the bold Willie.

Nope, soundly beaten fair and square. Never turned up. 

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

No, because it happened in your imagination. 

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

To be fair we time wasted like f**k at Rugby Park, and in pretty much every other game we have been leading in this season 😂.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The injuries to Vassell and McKenzie were both within about five minutes of our first sub, do you genuinely believe any manager would choose to make three seperate subs in the space of five minutes?

Not sure if you’re serious but that absolutely has been a time wasting tactic for as long as there have been subs in football.  

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

To be fair we time wasted like f**k at Rugby Park, and in pretty much every other game we have been leading in this season 😂.

We did indeed.  I’m not saying we don’t time waste. 

Was just pointing out the naïveté in not understanding the ‘subbed player feigning injury’ tactic or the ‘stagger your subs’ tactic.  

I’m sure Aberdeen fans won’t really think their GOALKEEPER getting cramp, or the 7 guys that have needed treatment so far this half was anything other than ‘game management’.  

36 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Not sure if you’re serious but that absolutely has been a time wasting tactic for as long as there have been subs in football.  

Teams usually wait until the final 10 minutes to do it though, tbf. Not using every sub up 20 minutes from the end of the game.

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Moron