Morton v Raith 22-4-23

Morton up against a team with nothing to play for, no wins in four, and renewed upheaval behind the scenes is normally a recipe for disaster... but you'd have to back us to win this one.

If we don't, it is finally 'game over' (subject to what happens in the ICT and Ayr fixtures on Tuesday and Friday: draws please, btw...).

Crawford, A. to remain on the bench.

2-1 for the Ton.

IM decides to shake it up…
McNeil

Masson/Nolan/Dick/Young

Brown/Stanton

McGill/Vaughan/Ross

McBride

0-4 Raith, with brace from Vaughan  plus one each Ross and McGill…visiting fans stunned.

On 17/04/2023 at 15:27, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Morton up against a team with nothing to play for, no wins in four, and renewed upheaval behind the scenes is normally a recipe for disaster... but you'd have to back us to win this one.

If we don't, it is finally 'game over' (subject to what happens in the ICT and Ayr fixtures on Tuesday and Friday: draws please, btw...).

Crawford, A. to remain on the bench.

2-1 for the Ton.

Much rather Inverness and Ayr get pumped rather than draw!

Don't think Dougie will sway too much from the starting 11 last week.  

With Raith having nothing to play for, hopefully their players are already thinking about their Summer holidays. 

With 2 hard games for Inverness and Ayr at the weekend, we simply must get 3 points here. and hope results go our way.  If they do, the league could be looking a lot better from our perspective come Sat night, with Inverness still to play Ayr on the last day.

3-0. 

We're actually still able to get 4th place depending on other results.  i think technically third might be possible but very very unlikely.  We need Ayr and Inverness to their remaining games (possible) with the game between them either a draw or maybe an Inverness win I think.  Anyway, we definitely need to beat Raith or we're going nowhere.

The reason we are not in the playoffs is Arbroath.  Sad but true.

7 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The reason we are not in the playoffs is Arbroath.  Sad but true.

Not really. It was our abysmal handling of the two home games against Ayr and Inverness that have done the most damage. Losing proverbial six-pointers at home is why we don't deserve to be in the mix. 

Last night's late winner for ICT has finally done for us, I think; hard to see them or Partick completely blowing up from here... and little Ayr are better placed to capitalise if one of them does.

Draws at home to Ayr and ICT and a win at Arbroath would have had us on 52 points going into the last three games; even after that, hanging on for the win on Saturday would have been 50 (put both together and you get 54, which would have us still in the frame for the title [insert greeting emoji]).

Not to be, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Last night's late winner for ICT has finally done for us, I think; hard to see them or Partick completely blowing up from here... and little Ayr are better placed to capitalise if one of them does.

Draws at home to Ayr and ICT and a win at Arbroath would have had us on 52 points going into the last three games; even after that, hanging on for the win on Saturday would have been 50 (put both together and you get 54, which would have us still in the frame for the title [insert greeting emoji]).

Not to be, I'm afraid.

Looks very unlikely but still mathematically possible and stranger things have happened. 

On paper it should be a home win as we’ve nothing to play for but for some reason I’ve got a feeling we’ll torpedo either Morton or Ayr’s playoff hopes.  It’s just that kind of game where the home teams will be expecting a walkover and therefore goes in not taking the game as seriously as they should. Doesn’t really matter for us now, just relax and cruise till the end of the season. 

On 18/04/2023 at 23:17, Specky Ginger said:

In terms of appeal, this game sits somewhere between root canal treatment and a stiff shite.

Not sure, one hits your pocket the other impacts on your post visit walking style.

We need three wins to finish as high as possible.

Having watched the fu#k up at Dundee my confidence is low.

On 18/04/2023 at 15:57, Broken Algorithms said:

Fair play to any Rovers fan who opts to go along to this. We must've played at Cappielow more times than any n other away ground in recent years and its an absolute nothing game for us.  Should be a comfortable home win. 

I’ve not been to Cappielow since our loss against Clydebank in 2000 so I might actually be tempted to go to this one.