Aberdeen vs Rangers

52 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Wait! does that mean you have other comments that are to be taken seriously?

As Groucho Marx said - "These are my comments. If you don't like them, I have others."

42 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Glasgow Sevco, you just got Cormacked. 

DC2022.png.2fb8bd946f2f5ebc2afdcb124f0e8b57.png

My first Dons v Rangers match - https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2690&season=1964-65&squad=Senior

My second Dons v Rangers match - https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2701&season=1965-66&squad=Senior

It went a wee bit downhill after that, tbf.

However, today's result :) :) :thumsup2

Wonderful, just wonderful!

Rangers have been terrible almost every single time I've seen them under Beale, that result has been a long time coming. Aberdeen look like a really good team under Robson, would be quite surprised if they don't take 3rd comfortably now.

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My first Dons v Rangers match - https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2690&season=1964-65&squad=Senior

My second Dons v Rangers match - https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2701&season=1965-66&squad=Senior

It went a wee bit downhill after that, tbf.

However, today's result :) :) :thumsup2

Wonderful, just wonderful!

Really Granda? I found this stat.   But maybe you didn't witness the games.

In all three of the Dons'  title wins in the 80s, they went undefeated against Rangers. During Ferguson's eight-year reign he only lost four League games to them, winning 17 and drawing 12.

Edited by cyderspaceman

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rangers have been terrible almost every single time I've seen them under Beale, that result has been a long time coming. Aberdeen look like a really good team under Robson, would be quite surprised if they don't take 3rd comfortably now.

It was mentioned today that they were only 9 points behind when he was appointed so their capitulation under him has been spectacular. Initially they were playing poorly but sneaking wins but 2 defeats in 3 in the league would suggest other teams have his number already.

It was similar at QPR where he started with some good results but quickly struggled before leaving.

They’ve clearly appointed an absolute dud which is pleasing.

2 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

In all three of the Dons'  title wins in the 80s, they went undefeated against Rangers. During Ferguson's eight-year reign he only lost four League games to them, winning 17 and drawing 12.

5 - 1 in the ten v. ten game.

Even the " referee " evening the numbers did not stop them being cuffed

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was mentioned today that they were only 9 points behind when he was appointed so their capitulation under him has been spectacular. Initially they were playing poorly but sneaking wins but 2 defeats in 3 in the league would suggest other teams have his number already.

It was similar at QPR where he started with some good results but quickly struggled before leaving.

Leave him alone hes doing a great job wee man.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Terrific 2nd half today. 

We’re probably a little fortunate to go into half time 0-0 and the first is obviously a bit of luck but from then on just superb. An absolute lesson for Jim Goodwin in how to manage a lead like that. 

Liam scales man, an absolute here today. 

And get it right up every single person associated with rangers FC. 

Didn't take our chances,  while the sheep did.   Usually it's St Johnstone who hands out these occasional skelpings to us.

Can't fault the sheep for effort, deserved winners.

16 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I never saw any of those.

Usually my fare when I made my infrequent sojourns to Pittodrie was Hibs or Dundee. 

Pretty much zero positives to take from that. 

Davies has regressed so quickly I'm pretty much done with him. Nothing went well for our better players and no subs would have helped us. I'm praying we actually overhaul this squad for next year. 

The better team won on the day. As a typical uninformed Rangers fan I was expecting Duk to cause us problems without knowing about Miovski, he was very impressive. Scales also sadly looked top drawer. 

I'll be very surprised if Aberdeen don't finish ahead of Hearts this season. 

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hyperbole. 9 points we dropped to Celtic under Gio compared to 4 under Beale. “Spectacular” and “capitulation” is an overstatement while I agree with the sentiment given that 3 of those points were our defeat at Celtic.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Hyperbole. 9 points we dropped to Celtic under Gio compared to 4 under Beale. “Spectacular” and “capitulation” is an overstatement while I agree with the sentiment given that 3 of those points were our defeat at Celtic.

Yip, I’m completely wrong. Him going a further 4 points behind Celtic should be commended and was brilliant at QPR too. Deserves a contact extension imvho.

That was brilliant. So, so good. 

We did get a bit fortunate to go in at half-time goalless, but Rangers didn't look like they had much of a cutting edge and our shape was generally pretty good out of possession. Still, I suppose on another day either that Sakala chance that Roos saves or the one that Clarkson clears off the line could have gone in. 

We were just magnificent in the second half, though. Both goals are brilliant for quite different reasons. The atmosphere after we went ahead was the best it has been at Pittodrie this season and there was a real sense of the players and fans being in it together. It has been such a dramatic turnaround from the dire lows of Darvel and Hibs in January.

There wasn't a failure in red and it is hard to pick out individuals for praise, but Scales was just exceptional. Fair play to Robson for his team selection, too - I thought sticking with Duncan wasn't the correct call pre-match, but he was excellent along with Ramadani and Clarkson. 

There is always going to be an element of nervousness when you are defending a lead, but there was a remarkable difference between how I felt today when we were out of possession compared to when we played them in December. MacDonald and Pollock have obviously been a huge upgrade on Stewart, but there is also just much more control and composure to us under Robson. Our decision-making around when to play a bit and when to get it launched was generally very good today too. We played Rangers perfectly after getting the second goal, and they looked like they had nothing about them. 

Lundstram and Cantwell were hilariously bad, by the way. Lundstram looked like a total donkey. Cantwell spent basically the entire warm-up doing little flicks and keep-ups in front of the Main Stand, and then proceeded to drop a solid 0/10. Very funny IMO. No wonder a mid-table Championship outfit couldn't wait to get rid of him.