SPFL 2 playoffs - (Brechin,) Spartans and (another) Albion Rovers

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As much as I know how painful the relegation out of the SPFL is, I've also been to a fair number of LL grounds, and they're good away days. It will be a refreshing change for Rovers, and I suspect they'll be playing the HL winners given the relative strength they have.

That will be a first then.

Vast majority of the fans there today will probably never enter that ground ever again.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

As much as I know how painful the relegation out of the SPFL is, I've also been to a fair number of LL grounds, and they're good away days. It will be a refreshing change for Rovers, and I suspect they'll be playing the HL winners given the relative strength they have.

Their problem's going to be financial though. I'd assume their income is going to take a serious hit. They're definitely losing Charlie Reiily, who either scored or assisted 36 of Rovers' 48 goals this season. They'll be vulnerable to losing a few more of their better players, like Sonkur and Bevan and without somone putting cash in, will the be able to replace them? I suspect we'll see a significantly different Albion Rovers team next season.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Their problem's going to be financial though. I'd assume their income is going to take a serious hit. They're definitely losing Charlie Reiily, who either scored or assisted 36 of Rovers' 48 goals this season. They'll be vulnerable to losing a few more of their better players, like Sonkur and Bevan and without somone putting cash in, will the be able to replace them? I suspect we'll see a significantly different Albion Rovers team next season.

Yea. Been there done that.....

16 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

The diddy outfits are fairly being launched out into non league world.

Guessing most of them will never return.

That's what I think.

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Good from a Brechin perspective. 😊

That said, I've always had a lot of respect for Rovers fans, just for not jumping on the Celtic bandwagon like 99% of Coatbridge. Wanted them to win for that alone.

11 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Correct 

It's time this utter farce of club 42 getting a play off for finishing rock bottom of the SPFL came ta an end !!!!

That's 5 League 2 clubs relegated, 4 to the LL and 1 to the HL.

You finish bottom your down........

I think the stick the SPFL will always use to beat this logic is that there are 2 feeder leagues below.

Part of why they are trying to weasel the conference bollocks in, I'd suspect, so they can kid on they care 

13 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Vast majority of the fans there today will probably never enter that ground ever again.

Why?

Brechin's attendances increased following relegation from League 2.

Surprised by that given how impressive Rovers have been when I've seen them at The Rock this season, but you don't finish bottom for nothing. I'm not thrilled at pro B team, sport centre stadium users Spartans replacing Albion Rovers, but someone has to come up and they've done it on merit.

1 minute ago, ScottishLoon said:

Is it just me that sees linlithgow as favourites next season, get big bonnyrigg vibes.

Linlithgow Rose will cause a lot of damage to other LL teams next season plus the rivalry with Bo'ness United being there too will only fire them onward........

Just now, RateofKnots said:

EK throwing money at it. Though the LL has a habit of being very open, despite its obvious drawbacks.

True I did forget EK since they've been bottling it recent years, I'm sure they'll be a few up their just feel like the EOSL team always seem to challenge straight away.

1 minute ago, ScottishLoon said:

Is it just me that sees linlithgow as favourites next season, get big bonnyrigg vibes.

Don't think there is any clear favourite. EK appear to be about to splash the cash and Berwick got their act together in the second half of the season to name two examples of other clubs you can make a strong case for. 

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Why?

Brechin's attendances increased following relegation from League 2.

A big part of that is winning games and challenging for a title after half a decade of getting pumped rotten week after week though I'd imagine.