Post split fixtures

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're asking them to police some fitba matches, not oversea a fucking gang war. 

Oversee vs oversea? Oh I see what you meant to write was:

“We're asking them to police some fitba matches, not a fucking oversea gang war.”

Ship this fixture to Northern Ireland  and get all these bigots the fcuk out of Scotland!

1 hour ago, ropy said:

The split is excellent, it especially works well in the bottom half.  Not so much in the top six as things tend to be closer to being sorted out. It stops you playing teams 4 times.

Agree - the fixture manipulation is the only downside for me (slightly negated by my amusement at the mass heads gone when the fixtures come out a day late)

2 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Agree - the fixture manipulation is the only downside for me (slightly negated by my amusement at the mass heads gone when the fixtures come out a day late)

Was justtttt about to say similar.

Are folk really this upset about having to wait till Tuesday? God forbid Wednesday? 🤷‍♂️

The suggestions that they should have been out at the weekend are wild. The SPFL isn't the Premier League in England. They've got the man power of your local co-op in terms of staff numbers.

Folk have also correctly pointed out there's absolutely no way Police Scotland were going to expend effort on hypothetical fixture options. At best you would have received their hard-line no's in terms of what they were completely unwilling to accept, ie No Old Firm game X day/time etc. 

Sky more likely to be involved in suggestions in hypothetical situations. Where they'd want the Old Firm to fit into their schedule, not clashing with big games in England etc. 

35 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was justtttt about to say similar.

Are folk really this upset about having to wait till Tuesday? God forbid Wednesday? 🤷‍♂️

Some people need to travel to matches  and would like them faint indication of when they should be booking transport, time off work etc 

2 hours ago, ropy said:

The split is excellent, it especially works well in the bottom half.  Not so much in the top six as things tend to be closer to being sorted out. It stops you playing teams 4 times.

It also makes the last five fixtures 'six pointers', which is especially important as it's so close at the bottom.

26 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

In previous years I would have agreed with you but this season I have gone right off the idea.

There’ll be time enough for counting when the season’s done.

Considering there’s no games this weekend, I don’t particularly see the big fuss about the fixtures coming out today instead of yesterday. Can somewhat understand it from those who need to book flights, but even then it’s still a bit old man yells at cloud. However, the SPFL leave themselves open to this every season by not communicating when the fixtures are to be released. 

In terms of the split itself, I’d be interested to see a breakdown of the teams supported of those not in favour of it. As a supporter of a diddy team, I like it. 

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

That is their job. That is what the police is for.

Perfectly reasonable for a sporting competition which hundreds of thousands of people will be going to watch in May to send three or four options to the police and say "Tell us if each of these is ok or not".

It's hardly a hugely taxing or unreasonable request.

In Scotland there seems to be this obsession with what the police think of sporting events. Other countries seem to just get on with things, within reason. The police's job is to make things as easy as possible for the police, and fk the rest of society. We're asking them to police some fitba matches, not oversea a fucking gang war. It's ridiculous how it's made out to be such a huge deal.

Ftfy

It’s possible to make a legitimate criticism without being raging, as is the cliche’d response to such things. 

It is to the clubs shame (copyright @craigkillie) that the staffing is so poor at the SPFL, as basic admin errors do negatively impact the game. 

On the police, this insistence on avoiding a ‘title decider’ old firm game has always struck me as overreach and unnecessary from them. I don’t think when Celtic have already really won the league that it comes with any real additional risk to any other. If they said avoid a weekend where our resources are already stretched and make it a lunchtime kick off then it at least gives the SPFL clear parameters to work with. 

The whole hypothetical scenarios issue is created by the police so I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable for them to show some goodwill and look at scenarios. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On the police, this insistence on avoiding a ‘title decider’ old firm game has always struck me as overreach and unnecessary from them. I don’t think when Celtic have already really won the league that it comes with any real additional risk to any other. If they said avoid a weekend where our resources are already stretched and make it a lunchtime kick off then it at least gives the SPFL clear parameters to work with. 

I would prefer the final Celtic v Rangers match to be a 5.30pm ko, the day before Charlies coronation, simply so we could showcase the "unique atmosphere" of this historic fixture to the world.............................

eta - I know this is impossible, but the pandering to this pair is pitiful.

Edited by Leith Green

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t really care who we get at home, or who we get away. After our flop performance on Saturday, just pleased we finally fell over the line to make it. Just wondering though, with the league title all but over, and one arse cheek being pumped out the cup before the post-split fixtures, could the uglies be more vulnerable to a diddy defeat than normal. Either because Celtic or the Ibrox AllStars 2012 are eyeing the cup final, or in the case of the tribute act, because after this weekend their season is officially 100% Norwegian Blue parrot.

Definitely, so you don't want to get them first game.  Especially not Celtic at Celtic Park.

Scotland must be the only country in the world where the police get a say over the weekends run of the mill games are played. 

There's been title deciders between the OF in recent years and the world never ended. 

Christ, they even play at Hampden at 3pm for cup finals and nothing major happens. 

League decider is a dead rubber anyway, Celtic won it months ago. 

Any other country in the world would be hoping it was on TV. 

They manipulate the post split relegation games so that 11th play 12th last day. 

Be amazed if Killie aren't at home to Ross County last game.