Post split fixtures

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm sure we're all keen to see the fixtures but I'm not sure there's any real prejudice to anyone in having them released at 4pm rather than 10am. You've still got almost a full fortnight until the first fixture.

A less tinpot organisation, with a bit of scenario planning, surely would have had them out at 5pm on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Conversely, they've had weeks to plan and agree around a limited number of permutations 

They've known when the split was all season. They knew all last week what the possibilities were.

There's just no reason not to be ready to go on Monday morning. It's just unprofessional.

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

Conversely, they've had weeks to plan and agree around a limited number of permutations 

Sure, they could done more pointless work to achieve the same outcome and save people the agony of having to wait for a few hours. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I assume we rocked the boat yesterday by winning and thus changing the anticipated ‘title winning’ weekend, and therefore skys chosen fixtures. 

Id assume they have a proposed set of fixtures ready. 

This is my thought too.  If they had a plan ready it has had to change.  That will have delayed it 30 minutes or so.

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'll try this line with my boss next time I just can't be arsed doing something I've known I had to do for months.

I'm not sure you're the boss in this scenario, more some guy standing at his window shaking his fist at the postie because the mail didn't arrive when you wanted it to.

The next game isn't for the best part of 2 weeks unless I'm missing something - I can't really see the panic here (even allowing for folk that are desperate for an advanced ticket on the train) if the general intention is to release it on the first working day after the weekend where everything was confirmed.

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'll try this line with my boss next time I just can't be arsed doing something I've known I had to do for months.

Sometimes i think my life would be less stressful if i was the sort of person that planned more. Then i see the mess that anal retentives get into when reality disturbs the routine and realise it's a grass-is-greener scenario. 

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Given they've known since 4.50 on Saturday who is in each half of the league, why the delay here?

You'd think we were in some weird country where they don't won't certain fixtures or teams celebrating on the same days as Kings are crowned, or whatever it is?

Fully expecting AFC to somehow get a raw deal here - it's generally the way it goes.

Aberdeen winning yesterday means that the Rangers vs Celtic match will have to be moved!

Rangers won't want to play on coronation day so that might also be a hold up. 

Aberdeen could get a raw deal due to last season league position. 

34 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Exactly. Particularly as come the final weekend the number of permutations is limited 

Yep. Last match of season, 3rd Vs 4th winner takes all? Nahhh....dead rubber between 7th and already-crowned Celtic 

I bet you 50 million currency units this does not happen.

Apparently we will travel away to Hibs for a third time. We will also have an away tie v St Mirren, with the Celtic fixture being the 13th.

If it’s accurate, just announce them!

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

A time at least would be helpful, and a lot less tinpot than ‘sometime on Monday’.

Gonna sound like SPFLWatch here but you could imagine some more Americanised league making the fixtures' release much more of an event. 

34 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We know the reason for the delay. It’s all about two teams and no other club fcuking matters to those cnuts.

The two teams who are basically playing a set of dead rubbers, whilst the rest of us in the top half jostle with the summertime prospect of Copenhagen or Coatbridge.

Edited by tarapoa

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Apparently we will have away ties against St Mirren and Hibs , for a third time, with the Celtic fixture being the 13th.

If it’s accurate, just announce them!

I may be misunderstanding your post, but you've only played St. Mirren away once this season.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I may be misunderstanding your post, but you've only played St. Mirren away once this season.

Aye, I meant the Hibs fixture would be our third time going there (if it’s true that is). Sorry I wasn’t very clear.