Ayr United vs Raith Rovers

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve not though. You’ll likely finish 7th having never really troubled relegation or promotion. It’s a bit dull but it’s your managers first season and given the arse that was made by the club last season and the financial impact that has had then it’s been okay. 

Ayr fans would probably have settled for that in pre season and we’d have bitten your hand off after the league cup games but our issue is that we’ve fallen away so dramatically since January that it’s hard to view this season very positively. At least you’ve been consistently sort of middle of the pack for the season. 

This, all day long.

Where we were at the end of last season, I would've bitten you're hand off for the last few games of this season to be meaningless. It would've been a minor miracle had we ended up top four. The fact that we threatened that more than relegation was a wee bonus.

I'd be tempted to play 3-5-2 and just bin the full backs. McAllister McGinty and Musonda at the back. 

Smith, Murdoch, Dempsey,McAlear and O Connor in midfield.

Dipo and either Ashford or Maguire up top. 

We have to win. Might as well fling everything at it. ..so no doubt we'll go 5-5-0 😂

Albinson

McAllister Musonda McGinty Reading

Smith Murdoch Dempsey

Maguire

Dipo McKenzie

Something a little different and if Smith and Maguire can get on the ball and feed the front 2, there's potential there.  I feel we're at the stage with Smith he needs to be given a shot over McAlear.  His little cameo when coming on for Dempsey on Friday showed he at least has a bit of grit in him and will put himself about.

Not that disappointed with this season (apart from the cup match against Falkirk) but this is another must-win game (how many is that?!). Really want to see us get more bodies in the box to support Dipo so I'd play Mackenzie with him and Maguire just behind and go gung-ho 4-3-1-2. Drop Ashford as he's been rotten lately and maybe bring on Dara if we need a bit of width. 

4 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Given how much Raith and their fans love the Caley, I’m sure they’ll do their best to win this and support our effort to make the play offs.

If you can agree to give the Falkirk scum a good pumping I’m sure we could at least try…

16 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Smith Murdoch Dempsey

Maguire

Dipo McKenzie

Close:

Albinson

Dempsey Murdoch Smith

O'Connor

Dipo Bryden

Bryden's 'toepoke' against Elgin, is the reason for inclusion.  The ball WAS in the 18 Yard Box quite often on Friday Night we need a second striker to sniff out that type of opperchancity.   JML's pace has to be used off the bench, starting him just doesn't work.

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd settle for Harvie & Smith. 

Albinson

Smith Rose Musonda Harvie

Mullin Murdoch Docherty Forrest

Shankland Akinyemi

Now that would be some team to put out between they 2 squads at their peak.

Edited by callum-ayr

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Albinson

Smith Rose Musonda Harvie

Mullin Murdoch Docherty Forrest

Shankland Akinyemi

Now that would be some team to put out between they 2 squads at their peak.

Kerr in for Doc. 

33 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

What wing has Josh Mullin played off most often this season? I always thought he was a right winger but I’m sure I’ve read he’s also been used on the left this season?

Predominantly right since Chalmers left in January.  When we had them both, Mullin would usually start on the left and they would switch during the game.