EA Sports FC

djchapsticks

Jumped on and played half a game in career mode before getting fed up of the white box jumping around the screen.

Very glad they’ve sorted out the multiple flaws in that mode though by adding the option to give my little pro some tattoos and a Zorro style mask. 

Just played my first kick off game. It's horrible. Everything felt so slow and clunky, it doesn't feel smooth at all. It's like on UT when you have utter shiters that move like they're trudging through cement. 

They used to have a red indicator for the player you were and then a white one for who you'd select (could be wrong but the point lands) if you pressed to change player but for some reason they're both now pretty much the same colour so you barely tell which player you're in control of. 

I didn't expect much but this feels like it's regressed. 

Just trying out seasons, they would usually choose teams that are the same star level or similar and this year there's an option to either have random teams or a "restricted" selection that's meant to give you players with appropriate skill levels, I tried that and.. 

I go Rangers and I'm faced with Bayern Munich, Man U then PSG...

I don't know if it's coz I'm tremendously skilled and win seasons every year but it's kinda bullshit. If that's the set up I'm not sure I'll buy it, hoping it's just a beta issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get an early access code for this. Not sure what to think. The main difference so far is that i'm struggling to identify any of the women players in packs, whereby normally I can guess by the position, nationality and team before the player appears!

6 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Not quite the Scottish Championship but there are some Scottish Stadiums in the game this year. No prizes for guessing which 2 Glasgow teams are featured.

If it’s Hampden and Firhill I’d be gobsmacked if the Championship wasn’t featured this year.

31 minutes ago, Smurph said:

If it’s Hampden and Firhill I’d be gobsmacked if the Championship wasn’t featured this year.

I might have worded that wrong. The Championship won't be in it this season, although Ibrox which was a ground in that league 7 years ago will be along with Parkhead.

• 2 weeks later...

Kicked the arse out of this for the past couple of days. Feels a lot slower this year but I'm enjoying it. Like the fact that defending is a bit of a challenge but I'm sure they'll patch that  to the same old AI assisted nonsense come the first patch.

Completed the moments milestone thing for a 100k pack and pulled an icon. Hes garbage like but a rare treat to pull one from a normal pack.

20230924_015729.jpg

Edited by robosaintee
Spelling

• 2 months later...

I used to be fucking ace at Fifa. Genuinely would say I was fucking top notch. Used to scoosh Elite Division in UT. 

Past few year I've noticed the decline in skill with age but this year is the first year I have to concede I'm borderline pish.

Can match the best teams in Champions for the first half but as soon as the second half kicks off, the opposition just seem to walk through me. Been on the end of a few 5, 6 and 7 goal hidings. Fucking demoralising. Got a relatively good side but not brilliant and obvious improvements to be made but remember the days I could beat a superstar team with just a common gold team back in the day. Now a days I'm struggling with this:

Screenshot_20231209_231948_Companion.jpg

Finished 11/4 in champs this weekend and gave the rest away. Game is a bit more enjoyable now that 71 depth madness was patched. 

Gave up with champs and rivals for a couple of weeks as the gameplay was so terrible. Evolutions have been fun though. Scottish squad is coming along nicely.

Screenshot_20231211-160831_Companion.jpg