EA Sports FC

djchapsticks

On 09/12/2023 at 23:52, Ludo*1 said:

I used to be fucking ace at Fifa. Genuinely would say I was fucking top notch. Used to scoosh Elite Division in UT. 

Past few year I've noticed the decline in skill with age but this year is the first year I have to concede I'm borderline pish.

Can match the best teams in Champions for the first half but as soon as the second half kicks off, the opposition just seem to walk through me. Been on the end of a few 5, 6 and 7 goal hidings. Fucking demoralising. Got a relatively good side but not brilliant and obvious improvements to be made but remember the days I could beat a superstar team with just a common gold team back in the day. Now a days I'm struggling with this:

Screenshot_20231209_231948_Companion.jpg

I've never been the best fifa player, always kinda div 2 player ish or there about, G1 fut champs rewards but never enough to get to elite levels.

I am getting hammered this year, nowhere near even the mediocre levels I used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

My traditional pack save for TOTY got underway at the start of December and just ticked over 150 packs saved. Never packed one last year so not doing it again if I don't get one this year again.

Managed 16 wins in champs this weekend at the ripe old age of 34 with my "main" team. 

Screenshot_20231221-143235_Companion.jpg

I've seen this is on sale and I'm swithering.  I know I'll end up utterly miserable with it, but I do miss having the sort of game you just load up and play a few games in.  I know the only route I'd end up walking though leads to getting into FUT and being constantly beaten down by it.

30 minutes ago, forameus said:

I've seen this is on sale and I'm swithering.  I know I'll end up utterly miserable with it, but I do miss having the sort of game you just load up and play a few games in.  I know the only route I'd end up walking though leads to getting into FUT and being constantly beaten down by it.

Don't do it. Plenty of F2P games out there you can dip in and out of that aren't P2W scams if you need to scratch a competitive itch.

I gave up FUT for Overwatch a few years ago, and haven't regretted it for a minute.

Edited by Jives Miguel

3 hours ago, forameus said:

Play Rocket League instead.

2 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

@robosaintee Do you keep all packs from December or packs with a certain minimum rating?

Anything with two or more gold rares in. Its an arbitrary number but it means I can open the lesser packs to keep a supply of cards in the club for sbcs.

Probs get nothing but worth a punt.

9 hours ago, forameus said:

I’ve been a casual player of Fifa through last few years and normally being a Div 5-6 kind of player, but it’s horrendous now. Be lucky if I win 2/10 in Div 9. Appears Rivals rewards are very poor now so every league is saturated by folk who are far too good for the level they play in and it just ruins it for casual gamers. By far the least enjoyable Fifa/EA FC that I can remember. In the 3 months it’s been out I’ve played about 150 squad battles matches and only about 50 Rivals games. Normally it’s other way round. Never play Weekend League and rarely friendlies. 

Of course if you’re normally a high division kind of guy you’ll be fine as it’s quite easy to earn high end players through squad battles and SBCs, and you’ll bypass all the dregs like myself 😂

21 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Play Rocket League instead.

I never really got into Rocket League.  Seemed like one of those games that I'd struggle to enjoy unless I sunk a huge amount of time into, and when I did play it, it was...fine.  Maybe revisit at some point.

15 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I’ve been a casual player of Fifa through last few years and normally being a Div 5-6 kind of player, but it’s horrendous now. Be lucky if I win 2/10 in Div 9. Appears Rivals rewards are very poor now so every league is saturated by folk who are far too good for the level they play in and it just ruins it for casual gamers. By far the least enjoyable Fifa/EA FC that I can remember. In the 3 months it’s been out I’ve played about 150 squad battles matches and only about 50 Rivals games. Normally it’s other way round. Never play Weekend League and rarely friendlies. 

Of course if you’re normally a high division kind of guy you’ll be fine as it’s quite easy to earn high end players through squad battles and SBCs, and you’ll bypass all the dregs like myself 😂

Nah, I'm shite.  Probably very mid-level, did alright when I was playing regularly, but rarely bothering the top echelons.  I think the general consensus seems to be this, that it's largely shite unless you can devote time, effort and talent into it, and even then it'll probably be pretty miserable.  

I only bought the other game properly the other day with it being down in price. Was however using the app for sbc’s etc.

Packed Cruyff tradeable from a preview pack. Biggest ever pull. Needless to say spunked the majority of the 3.6 million I got from him but paid off tonight with Putellas from that 600k pack.

IMG_0502.thumb.jpeg.a4d09e72dfdeac2841fe04f3a609a5be.jpeg

I had insane pack luck a while back (Ronaldinho, Mbappe and Zidane were all packed in the same week iirc).

Below is my team but POTM Griezmann usually plays instead of Beto and gold Valverde instead of Gilmour. Everything here is untradable including subs and reserves.

My team felt miles ahead of most at the time, but after a few weeks it was just average. There's way too many cards now, and too much fucking about (Alisson CM card, for example).

Games pretty shit and I lost interest before Christmas to the point I've actually only played 2 games with that Winter Martinelli since doing the SBC.

18c9d5a592b69-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.573bd3a7f27d08fbd7ed805ecee905f7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2024 at 21:50, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

How's your TOTY pack save coming along? 

Up to 450ish. Never played champs last weekend and just been doing a couple of evos the past week or so. Could have been much more.

Think I have slightly more than last year when I never got any! Woukd be happy with a single outfield player from either team tbh.

11 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Up to 450ish. Never played champs last weekend and just been doing a couple of evos the past week or so. Could have been much more.

Think I have slightly more than last year when I never got any! Woukd be happy with a single outfield player from either team tbh.

I thought I had a lot with 333!

I'm reasonably enjoying the game this year. The most positive thing is Evolutions. I have a player called Portu who I've used since Fifa 19 who only has a 75 card this year. I've managed to EVO it up to an 88 with a decent play styles including Trivela+. It so good in fact its probably the best card in my team.