SOS League winners

13 hours ago, info said:

if you wrote this to stir up a debate fair enough but, Abbey Vale plays their home games in New Abbey, probably due to the lack of suitable pitches in Dumfries, hence the club name! As far as I know, their players are drawn from nearby Dumfries and the surrounding areas. Probably the last real village team to win the South league was Tarff Rovers in the early 1960s pre easy access to Rangers and Celtic games on a Saturday! The next generation in the village was 95% female so how can you cope with that? 

Newton Stewart has probably the most home-based players this season in the league due to the excellent youth policy of the Galloway Thistle and long may that continue.( Feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

Im stirring up nothing. Christ it was a simple question ? Im thinking you’d better top your glass up to full. Are you always as touchy ?

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Don't really get this comment about teams not being local these days.

The SOS is a semi-professional league not a village/pub league where traditionally teams were made up of local lads.

The boys play for Abbey Vale and thus represent the village of New Abbey, so the village and surrounding areas are perfectly entitled to call it their success.

When I lived I the East Midlands; some teams had players not only from different towns/villages but differing countries. Who really cares let's just enjoy the football.

I asked a perfectly simple question and you and another are taking it to a whole different level? Behave. 

51 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

I asked a perfectly simple question and you and another are taking it to a whole different level? Behave. 

Originally wasn't going to reply but felt that would be rude and disingenuous of me.

I took your comment as a retort to me congratulating the village on their club's achievement. Yes the players and staff won it but it is the village's team, would seem churlish if they were excluded from the celebration don't you think.

I'm a bit too old to behave anymore. 😉😉 

Enjoy your football and keep posting. Would be a boring world without discussion.

56 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Originally wasn't going to reply but felt that would be rude and disingenuous of me.

I took your comment as a retort to me congratulating the village on their club's achievement. Yes the players and staff won it but it is the village's team, would seem churlish if they were excluded from the celebration don't you think.

I'm a bit too old to behave anymore. 😉😉 

Enjoy your football and keep posting. Would be a boring world without discussion.

I didn’t say it wasn’t local ? I asked how many local lads played in the side. You’re overthinking things i fear or maybe just like to post for the sack of posting.

On 07/05/2023 at 12:04, annan4eva said:

Really how many players are homegrown?

Congratulations to Abbey Vale ( the village team!) on clinching the Soth of Scotland league tonight. Enjoy .

The league has been excellent this season with a great finish.

There is life in the old SOS yet!!!

On 26/04/2023 at 16:33, Jamie92 said:

Beith are not licensed so they can’t go up either just like Abbey Vale and Lochar so there can’t be a playoff unfortunately. 

Are there any updates on LICENSE rules ? Where would you find out please.