No to B teams

On 02/05/2023 at 15:11, welshbairn said:

Why would the top 12 vote for it when only 3 have shown any interest? The top SPFL sides in the North probably get more value out of a strong and competitive Highland League to loan their players to than shipping them down south to play u20's kick around.

Self interest. Clubs who enter colt teams into the challenge Cup deserve just as much scorn as those in the LL.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

I'm desperate to hear what the benefit would be. 

Enlighten us.

League 2 clubs would have a softer landing after getting relegated compared to the current scenario.

On 02/05/2023 at 17:47, welshbairn said:

Thomas Brown, Sun reporter, LL chairman and in Maxwell's pocket backtracked on Aberdeen's involvement, ruled them out if they'd rushed it in for 23/24 at least. I can't see it making any sense for them, financially or in football development terms. They're far better off loaning players out, some to Highland League teams, other to SPFL, depending on their level.

Jeeso yer man works for the Sun.

Been a couple of good articles in P&J about proposals, speaking to various chairmen, players etc in North. In today’s article the Brora chairman, who has been on the working committee says Brora are voting in  favour of the proposal. He appears to be in the minority.

On 02/05/2023 at 15:40, CambieBud said:

No they won’t Rateofknots! St Mirren and Motherwell will definitely vote NO to this abomination. I can also predict that Kilmarnock, Hibs and Livingston will be opposed. Don’t know about the rest but if their fans are anything to go by, there is no support from the top league for this

I'd hope not, but as with many others, live in fear of self preservation.

I hope it falls apart because I won't watch Stranraer play B Teams and that would rule out half a season if we were to end up in that league.

Frustrating that the importance of fans doesn't seem to have been learned during COVID.

Edited by GallowayBlue

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

A bit quiet in here given what League 2 teams face if they finish bottom next season........

Until clubs start stating their position there's not much to say. Fans are wholeheartedly against this outside of a OF fans and few absolute weirdos, so this thread will be fairly quiet until clubs say something. 

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Until clubs start stating their position there's not much to say. Fans are wholeheartedly against this outside of a OF fans and few absolute weirdos, so this thread will be fairly quiet until clubs say something. 

It feels like part of the plan is to say nothing.

According to Twitter the vote is in three weeks.

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

A bit quiet in here given what League 2 teams face if they finish bottom next season........

To be honest there are now that many threads on P & B on this subject that I've lost what is actually now going on.  What I did notice though was a fawning press interview with a Rangers youth coach in which it was stated that the proposed Conference will have its own commercial autonomy, and that just about sums up the whole greedy crock of shit.

So what would League 2 teams face ?

6 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

It feels like part of the plan is to say nothing.

According to Twitter the vote is in three weeks.

As with this stuff before, if you're against it you'll say so and those who don't can be assumed to be the c***s pushing it through. 

On 12/05/2023 at 08:17, The Moonster said:

Well all clubs are in receipt of as much details as they're going to get after the documents were sent out yesterday.

Time to start asking your club questions (general comment, not aimed at anyone).

If the Conference happens, then B teams will be in the SPFL in 5 years time IMO.