League Cup 2023-24

21 hours ago, Socks said:

If you can hang on to see Dundee on the 30th, I'd suggest staying somewhere in that area for the weekend and going to Arbroath on the 29th. Arbroath - Montrose is a feisty derby and they haven't met in the league for a few years, so that would definitely be my pick for the 29th. A good ground as well, that I think most people like. Lunan Bay is a nice camping spot a bit North of Arbroath.

Unless you want to go to a ground specifically with the intent of the worst football fan experience ever, avoid FC Edinburgh. The ground is an absolute joke, though I did have a funny moment there last year when I inadvertently walked into the referee's changing room at 2.55 when looking for the toilets!

Maybe splitting it would be a good idea. If you do go with Arbroath and Dundee, spending the first part in the West might be a good option. Queen of the South and Kilmarnock could be a good pairing with two very different grounds.

Cheers for that. I've already been to Arbroath, and am looking to tick a few more off. We'll probably spend the whole day in Edinburgh, so I don't mind if the ground is not the best!

Which of the ones I'm considering on the Saturday would you go for?

"Falkirk, Patrick Thistlei, Livingston, Bonnyrigg Rose, Abion Rovers or Queens Park (at lesser Hampden)"

On 17/06/2023 at 10:38, barnseytheclaret said:

When do people reckon clubs will announce prices for league cup games? 🤔

Anyone know what Brechin charged in Highland League last season? 🤔👍🏻⚽

Annan were charging £12 for a joke of cup game (Non league cup) against a B team pre Covid.

Don't be shocked by the nonsensical prices from some of these chancers.

On 17/06/2023 at 10:38, barnseytheclaret said:

When do people reckon clubs will announce prices for league cup games? 🤔

Anyone know what Brechin charged in Highland League last season? 🤔👍🏻⚽

£10/£7.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say the opposite, it only needs to be context specific, rather than someone like Dunfermline having to be given some sort of pathetic DNF or something like that when they're playing Raith Rovers, just because two other teams who aren't playing in the same match and are thus irrelevant to the current broadcast, share the same starting letters.

On 18/07/2023 at 19:53, The Master said:

We need a campaign to have standardised, unique abbreviations for each club on score graphics. 

Viaplay will use “DUN” for three different teams this season. 

Except that they won’t now.

Just now, AyrshireTon said:

Except that they won’t now.

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t mean “immediately”. 

They’ll be looking for somewhere to offload the rights and/or entire business, but things should keep going for now. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Premier buy back the UK operation for a fraction of what they sold it for.

Yeah, reading from this they will still show the games as they look for a buyer for their UK business. Someone will buy it and rebound it just like what happened to Premier Sport.

Since this year's fees have been paid, the games and sponsorship will continue until a buyer completes a takeover deal. Also means all the scheduled VIAPLAY games will remain as they are right now. Will be a bit awkward though.

Sorry to read that!

I can confirm that me and my kids will be at the following games:

Forfar vs Arbroath

Edinburgh vs Ross County (Guaranteed to be 0-0 after last nights 3-5 match!)

Brechin vs Formartine

Dundee vs Inverness

So, keep an eye out for random Burnley shirts! 🙂

19 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Sorry to read that!

I can confirm that me and my kids will be at the following games:

Forfar vs Arbroath

Edinburgh vs Ross County (Guaranteed to be 0-0 after last nights 3-5 match!)

Brechin vs Formartine

Dundee vs Inverness

So, keep an eye out for random Burnley shirts! 🙂

Going to Forfar v Arbroath and Brechin v Formartine. Will look out for you.

9 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah, reading from this they will still show the games as they look for a buyer for their UK business. Someone will buy it and rebound it just like what happened to Premier Sport.

Will they? I don't see a wide range of businesses out there with money to piss on a product that has been associated with multiple failures/retrenchments for its owners over the past 20-odd years. 

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I seem to remember that the reason that that clubs that qualified for European competition were exempt from the group stage because they clashed with preliminary rounds. What’s the reason now?

They still do

Hibs are playing this Thursday in Europe